• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton/Tepper/Watson

ncfan

8 minutes ago, ItsTheFluRe-Named said:

Yeah ..

The way Panthers handled Cam is a huge black mark on this franchise.

It's going to look even more ugly when Cam wins MVP in 2021 .. showing the only reason he only had 8 TD this season was due to an F- receiving group ..

And, guys .. I still remember .. "..Cam would never play on a 1 year prove it deal.." .. "..Cam will never last a full season again.."

People that were saying that, Cam's already proven wrong.

I LOVE Cam. But dude... 

10 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Depends what players you ask if I recall Deangelo, Steve, Beason and a couple others didn’t have much nice things to say about Carolina when they left. 

It’s not until recently that I started hearing this chatter out of Houston. So we shouldn't be acting so high and mighty 

And what would stop Watson from asking for another trade on his new team? 

There's more to the NFL than playing the game. Theres a business side to this too and most of these guys arent to good at that judging by the 75% of them that are broke 5 years after retirement. JR always wanted this to be a family organization and at some point you cant do that anymore. Break ups are ugly. People arent happy. poo gets blown out of proportion. This is part of the business. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

23 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Depends what players you ask if I recall Deangelo, Steve, Beason and a couple others didn’t have much nice things to say about Carolina when they left. 

It’s not until recently that I started hearing this chatter out of Houston. So we shouldn't be acting so high and mighty 

And what would stop Watson from asking for another trade on his new team? 

People don’t like getting fired and moved on from.  Many deal with it badly.   Almost all ill will that I have heard usually ties into that.  Every team has some of that.

when guys come in and join...we have a pretty big sample size IMO of guys that have noted how good it is here vs the other places.   Good is again relative to the rest of the teams.  Not that we don’t have our own issues.

Houston seems to boil down to the ownership FO/change that recently occurred. 

Dave Gettlemen IMO is the perfect example.  They tried him.  He got fired because he was bad for the culture/atmosphere/relationships.   Houston essentially found out IMO they had a Dave....and doubled down. 

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

Did Cam ever address if he would simply play out his contract? 

I wanted to roll with Cam.  But I couldn’t of done it if he wanted an extension to play. 

Again for the umpteenth time it's OK to move on from Cam (not what I would have done but whatever)

You move on from the guy who was your franchise and consisently CARRIED you very differently from a single tweet saying "thanks #1" like he was a WR who caught a big third down from us in 2018.

• Flames 2

22 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I LOVE Cam. But dude... 

yeah, I love Cam too.  

wish he would just retire honestly.  Painful watching his end here.  Sad watching him in NE.   I don’t want to remember him going out even more broken.  I always thought he would have a short career. 

Cam can have a great career away from the game.    Whether that involves football or not.   Hell, put him on TV.  He would be great entertainment.  Better than a lot of former players they got out there. 

Regarding former players, that's a tough thing to go by. 

Gantt and others acknowledged that there was no way Steve Smith was going to go quietly unless he left on his own terms. That's just not who he is.

I know Beason didn't like being told  he couldn't play that well anymore, but let's be real, he couldn't.

And DeAngelo? Come on. We already knew what he was like. You could ask The Amazing Race for their take on him too.

Lol cam fans still butthurt

No one blasting Watson how he’s treating the Texans just jumping ship after just getting paid and not getting his way - whether you believe he’s justified or not

No one blasting players chasing fat contracts or not giving hometown discounts...cause ‘family’

spare me the bullshit ‘it’s a business’ all players seem to understand this chasing fat contracts but when the FO makes business moves that benefit them all of a sudden players are ‘done wrong’

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Deshaun strikes me as a very intelligent and thoughtful guy.

I'm not concerned about him not wanting to play in Carolina because of "how we did cam". If he doesn't come here it will be for far more important reasons.

Have you met him? Know anything about him? Just curious

Because the one thing I can tell you 100% is that he values his relationship with Cam, someone he’s known and looked up to since he was a kid. 

Its not that he absolutely wouldn’t come here, it’s more so why would he? He can pretty much pick his next team without any negative marks associated with that team. In other words if everything else was equal that’s absolutely a thing that could tip the scale and I know that for a fact. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

People don’t like getting fired and moved on from.  Many deal with it badly.   Almost all ill will that I have heard usually ties into that.  Every team has some of that.

when guys come in and join...we have a pretty big sample size IMO of guys that have noted how good it is here vs the other places.   Good is again relative to the rest of the teams.  Not that we don’t have our own issues.

Houston seems to boil down to the ownership FO/change that recently occurred. 

Dave Gettlemen IMO is the perfect example.  They tried him.  He got fired because he was bad for the culture/atmosphere/relationships.   Houston essentially found out IMO they had a Dave....and doubled down. 

I’m still trying to find this long history of toxic environment in Houston you claim. I know Hopkins and O’Brien had beef and now Watson with the new front office since they didn’t hire the coach he wanted but outside of that, I want to see the poisonous culture and how great Carolina has it.

Ive been a Panthers fans all these years Ive never heard anything about our great and friendly culture, IMO we are just the same as any other team. Ive never heard about free agents clamoring to go to Carolina.

I'm gonna ask again, what would stop Watson for asking for another trade 4 years from now if we continue our yearly trend of mediocrity? Especially now that he feels embolden to do so

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Ive been a Panthers fans all these years Ive never heard anything about our great and friendly culture, IMO we are just the same as any other team.

You must not have been paying much attention in 2015 then.

There were multiple articles posted that year from guys like Jared Allen, Peanut Tillman and others praising the chemistry in the Panthers locker room. Guys talked about it being one of the best they'd ever been in.