• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My final offer for Deshaun

Zod

1 minute ago, Zod said:

My final offer:

2021 1st and 2nd
2022 1st and 3rd
2023 2nd
CMC
Shaq Thompson

This is as far as I would go. Burns, Chinn, or Brown? GTFO

If the Texans said no to that then they’re just not gonna deal him. That’s four 1st round talents...one of which would immediately be the best player on the team. Draft your QB of the future...move on from Deshaun. 

We get the QB we need and improve our cap situation at the same time. It’s a win/win/win. Both side should absolutely do that deal. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

With them needing to replace JJ Watt, there's no way you get a deal done without offering Burns.

Not really, they have a ton of holes as it is. I highly highly doubt they get a Watt replacement in any Watson trade, regardless of whether it’s us or another team.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

With them needing to replace JJ Watt, there's no way you get a deal done without offering Burns.

They have multiple first round picks....draft. a DE who will be cheaper for longer than Burns. If they get offered that deal then they’d be dumb to turn it down. Basically 3 tries to draft a QB to replace Watson and a DE to replace Watt....PLUS CMC and Shaq. 

That is about what it will take.

Having seen that, I am on board with trading down with Cincinnati and targeting Fields or Lance.

I want to see if Rhule talks about Jones any more after last week.  I think he is the "last resort" or he was talking up Jones to get someone to leapfrog Lance?  So much liar's poker going on....

We need Verge to get us some insider info.  We can call our web of insider information VAnon. 

Then if we do not get who we want we can storm BOA Stadium before the contract has been ratified.  All original ideas.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, t96 said:

Not really, they have a ton of holes as it is. I highly highly doubt they get a Watt replacement in any Watson trade, regardless of whether it’s us or another team.

The framework John McClain mentioned included two defensive starters.

I seriously doubt they can be talked into seeing the immense value of Shaq Thompson.