• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My final offer for Deshaun

Zod

So for everyone so gung ho about getting Watson by any means, please elaborate how we rebuild the team to be competitive. When would we start to see a turn around. How would we afford his contract and Teddy’s if hes not part of the offer. How do we replace CMC and Shaq for example? What do we do about Moton and Samuel. What will our cap space look like. Do we restructure contracts to have space to sign more people now and try to win now? What positions do we focus on in the later rounds of the draft? I do not understand how people do not see this as being a huge risk for us and putting us in a worse circumstance than we were in before. A generational talent at QB with next to nothing as a supporting cast. Do we really want to go down this road again but with less draft capital to fix it and a way worse cap situation. Come on people stop thinking like one of the worst fan bases in the NFL and be patient and trust the process and stop window shopping for shiny cool looking poo you clearly cant afford. 

• Pie 2

Today I have seen 2 new trade proposals for Watson - One from the Redskins for 3 first round picks and CHASE YOUNG!  The second from the 49ers, also for 3 first round picks and Nick Bosa.  So, judging by the chatter, Houston is almost assuredly going to want Brian Burns in a Carolina deal for Watson.  Burns and 3 firsts?  Ehhhhhh, IDK about that one.  Might be a bridge too far for me.

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Today I have seen 2 new trade proposals for Watson - One from the Redskins for 3 first round picks and CHASE YOUNG!  The second from the 49ers, also for 3 first round picks and Nick Bosa.  So, judging by the chatter, Houston is almost assuredly going to want Brian Burns in a Carolina deal for Watson.  Burns and 3 firsts?  Ehhhhhh, IDK about that one.  Might be a bridge too far for me.

They may want those deals, but I don't see either team making those deals. I don't think anything happens in February. Houston will give this as much as possible hoping he changes his mind, then ultimately will trade him in time to prepare for the draft.

1 hour ago, joemac said:

I don't believe those proposals.   Watson isn't worth 4 first rounders.  Which is what those are.  One being a guaranteed  stud DE. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't believe those proposals.   Watson isn't worth 4 first rounders.  Which is what those are.  One being a guaranteed  stud DE. 

RG3 went for 3 1st and 2 2nds, do you really think Watson is going for less? 

I think you are being a bit optimistic on what he was really goes for.

What do you think it will take? for us? or a team like WFT or 49ers?

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

RG3 went for 3 1st and 2 2nds, do you really think Watson is going for less? 

I think you are being a bit optimistic on what he was really goes for.

What do you think it will take? for us? or a team like WFT or 49ers?

If you are Washington...4 first rounders would be less IMO than 3 first rounders and Chase Young.

I don't know what it will take.  I think Stafford went for too much and has skewed the Watson conversation to a point I may not be comfortable with anymore. 

I was cool w/ 2 first and CMC.  Then maybe some additional non-first round picks. I'm fine burning some 2nd and 3rd rounders.  Based on the Stafford thing I clearly got no feel on what teams are willing to do in this moment though.