• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford didn’t want to come to the Panthers

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

He is not going there , Watson will be going to a solid team like the 49ers 

Yeah maybe. 

That thing last week about Houston wanting 2 defensive starters in a trade was clearly directed at the 49ers.

Will they trade Bosa + another starter? I’m not so sure.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well 6 of the 10 ten passers in the NFL this year were 30+. Hell, 4 of the 6 were 36+.

Also, of those 4, one has struggled with(and played through) injuries his entire career and two of the others have had serious knee injuries.

Remember that this is also the modern NFL where it is almost illegal to touch the NFL. As long as you don't have a guy that isn't getting a RB pounding(Carr, Cam, etc), they should last for a while.

I just am not buying into this "too old" mantra for these top flight QB's. Not all of them are Andrew Luck.

That's great and all, but only he knows how long he feels like he can play.  Clearly, not long enough for the Lions to be able to make a run, but if he was a turtle he might not have that long.

I doubt that he or teams would go into a deal with the assumption he is going to play into his 40's.  Aside from the fact that he has taken more hits in Detroit than Brady did in New England or Brees in New Orleans, most guys just hit a point when they want to hang them up while they can walk away, rather than waiting to be carried out. 

Cam didn't extend his career any by lowering his shoulder and taking on linebackers.  But, the injuries that probably shortened his effective career the most happened when he was a passer.  It happens.  I say "probably" because it is always possible that the blast to the shoulder was the last straw, even though I don't think that is the case.

I don't agree with those who think Stafford is some sort of china doll out there, but I do believe from what I have seen and read that if he was still breathing and could stand upright, he was going back out there.  That does take a toll.

Just because it is not legal for a QB to get hit (or spoken harshly to as the defender rushes by) does not mean he is not going to get hit (or spoken harshly to as the defender rushes by).  An aging body does not ask if the hit was legal or not.

2 hours ago, BrizzMachete said:

He has had more than enough decent rosters to deal with people just don’t pay attention to Detroit that’s much so they just assume it’s the same ole lions every year  .

Clearly you don't know much about the Lions if that's your statement.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There comes a point where the money is just a way to keep score. More of it isn't going to do anything to change your lifestyle. Personally, I wouldn't want anything to do with L.A. but depending on your preferences it's very easy to understand why someone would choose L.A. over Charlotte. They're very different places and honestly, after living in CO for 14 years and coming back to NC this past summer, the weather here fuging sucks. Hot as balls with sky high humidity all summer and way too many gloomy days in the winter. People who race about Charlotte weather haven't lived somewhere with actual good weather. Yeah, it's better than Buffalo, but there's a lot of other places with a lot better weather.

Colorado is a different story.

35 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I was listening to ESPN this morning, and I heard about so many things that Stafford had to deal with that other QBs with similar QBRs did not! I can't remember them all, but he either played with 1 or 0 top 10 defenses in his career. He also only had an RB eclipse 100 yards 11 times in 12 years. Also, during that same span, the running game averaged 89 yards! And this ain't all! Basically Stafford got no help for most of his career there despite putting up high level numbers.

He had plenty enough talent to win at a least one playoff game if he is who y’all say he is . That’s all I’m saying . I’ve seen qbs do more with less first hand actually . 

11 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Clearly you don't know much about the Lions if that's your statement.

Check their record since he been there . I think they’ve had more winning seasons than we had . But clearly i don’t know what I’m saying so just ignore me . Y’all move the goalpost for certain qbs but not for others it’s weird 

12 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That's great and all, but only he knows how long he feels like he can play.  Clearly, not long enough for the Lions to be able to make a run, but if he was a turtle he might not have that long.

I doubt that he or teams would go into a deal with the assumption he is going to play into his 40's.  Aside from the fact that he has taken more hits in Detroit than Brady did in New England or Brees in New Orleans, most guys just hit a point when they want to hang them up while they can walk away, rather than waiting to be carried out. 

Cam didn't extend his career any by lowering his shoulder and taking on linebackers.  But, the injuries that probably shortened his effective career the most happened when he was a passer.  It happens.  I say "probably" because it is always possible that the blast to the shoulder was the last straw, even though I don't think that is the case.

I don't agree with those who think Stafford is some sort of china doll out there, but I do believe from what I have seen and read that if he was still breathing and could stand upright, he was going back out there.  That does take a toll.

Just because it is not legal for a QB to get hit (or spoken harshly to as the defender rushes by) does not mean he is not going to get hit (or spoken harshly to as the defender rushes by).  An aging body does not ask if the hit was legal or not.

Yeah but you could also draft a guy like Luck or RGIII that is injured and out of the league far short of the expectation.

I just don't think we agree on that 30-33 range being "the back end" of a QB career. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but you could also draft a guy like Luck or RGIII that is injured and out of the league far short of the expectation.

I just don't think we agree on that 30-33 range being "the back end" of a QB career. 

I think you have to factor the style of play in.

Quarterbacks like Tom Brady and Drew Brees are definitely built to last longer.