• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB dark horse - Kellen Mond

NAS

20 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Bringing in Teddy was a mistake. Everyone already knew he was a game managing QB who could never win a SB. We should have either let Cam play his final season here, or even better had Grier start all season. That would have put us into position to draft Lawrence, Wilson, or Fields, and we wouldn't be in QB limbo. This isn't hindsight 20/20 because we knew this is what was needed to to be done at the time.

Later we're granted the good fortune of having a top 3 pick despite our foolish move of bringing in Teddy. What does Rhule do? Everything he can to beat the WFT and ensure we lose our chances of taking a top 2 or 3 QB. That win makes me question Rhule's overall intelligence and leadership ability.

Now we're in a bad position at QB, and we desperately offer way too much for an aging middle of the pack QB who has never accomplished anything. Well our GM completely fails in getting this soon to be 33 year old QB. Yikes. And makes an offer that is crazy stupid over the top and STILL fails to get the QB. Good QBs with options don't want to come here, and you can bet we won't get Watson either.

We're in a bad position in the draft because of Rhule. If Rhule had benched Teddy for the WFT game we'd be in a great draft position, but he screwed up. Plain and simple. Now we have to take a long shot at QB, like Lance or Jones, and we're in danger of making a busted pick. Or we're stuck with Rhule's blunder of Teddy for another season, and you can bet Rhule will win just enough games again to keep up from drafting a top QB. We're in real danger of multiple seasons of 8-8ish records and QB limbo. This is why we need an innovate free thinking coaching staff and GM who are focused on draft position when the season is clearly lost. We don't have a savy deal maker who can go out and snag a top QB in free agency. We don't have a coach who cares about draft position, and thinks Teddy is acceptable for a 3 year contract for big money.

Things are not looking good for the Panthers with the current coaching, and the record reflect that. Expect 8-8ish at best with Teddy back at QB thanks to Rhule.  

You were optimistic about Hurney. Now you're down on Fitterer and Rhule?

Dude! 😕

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We didn't lose that game because of Rhule. We lost that game because of Ron. No coach in his right mind would have kept playing Haskins after halftime or likely have let him suit up to start with after what he had done earlier in the week. 

Ron is a victim of the Peter Principle. Rhule still could have benched certain players to insure a loss.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You were optimistic about Hurney. Now you're down on Fitterer and Rhule?

Dude! 😕

We had a discussion about Hurney. I thought that Hurney should be fired due to our win/loss record over the years. We mostly failed under Hurney, and so I ultimately wanted him gone. Hurney had some great draft picks, and did put together some good teams, but overall he wasn't good enough.

37 minutes ago, pantherj said:

...Later we're granted the good fortune of having a top 3 pick despite our foolish move of bringing in Teddy. What does Rhule do? Everything he can to beat the WFT and ensure we lose our chances of taking a top 2 or 3 QB. That win makes me question Rhule's overall intelligence and leadership ability.

I would question Rhule's overall intelligence and leadership ability if we had lost the Washington game.  We were gifted 4 turnovers and a special teams TD.  Washington was abysmal out there.  we were already playing without CMC and if Bridgewater is as bad as everyone says, he should be the perfect guy to go out and suck.

And make no mistake, TB did suck that day.  Less than 200 yds passing, 1 TD, i Int, and sacked 4 times.  He did his part to lose that game.

I realize people want a high draft choice and I was hoping for a 4-12 mark as well going into that game.  But you can't throw away your integrity like that.  We're not the Jags or Eagles.     

• Beer 2

Yikes! 1st round?

He** NO!  Mond has some talent, but he is a 4th round pick at best who wouldn't take Teddy off the field. I would MUCH rather draft Mac Jones, and I am not even a fan of Jones. I would sign Trubisky before drafting Mond

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

Bringing in Teddy was a mistake. Everyone already knew he was a game managing QB who could never win a SB. We should have either let Cam play his final season here, or even better had Grier start all season. That would have put us into position to draft Lawrence, Wilson, or Fields, and we wouldn't be in QB limbo. This isn't hindsight 20/20 because we knew this is what was needed to to be done at the time.

Later we're granted the good fortune of having a top 3 pick despite our foolish move of bringing in Teddy. What does Rhule do? Everything he can to beat the WFT and ensure we lose our chances of taking a top 2 or 3 QB. That win makes me question Rhule's overall intelligence and leadership ability.

Now we're in a bad position at QB, and we desperately offer way too much for an aging middle of the pack QB who has never accomplished anything. Well our GM completely fails in getting this soon to be 33 year old QB. Yikes. And makes an offer that is crazy stupid over the top and STILL fails to get the QB. Good QBs with options don't want to come here, and you can bet we won't get Watson either.

We're in a bad position in the draft because of Rhule. If Rhule had benched Teddy for the WFT game we'd be in a great draft position, but he screwed up. Plain and simple. Now we have to take a long shot at QB, like Lance or Jones, and we're in danger of making a busted pick. Or we're stuck with Rhule's blunder of Teddy for another season, and you can bet Rhule will win just enough games again to keep up from drafting a top QB. We're in real danger of multiple seasons of 8-8ish records and QB limbo. This is why we need an innovate free thinking coaching staff and GM who are focused on draft position when the season is clearly lost. We don't have a savy deal maker who can go out and snag a top QB in free agency. We don't have a coach who cares about draft position, and thinks Teddy is acceptable for a 3 year contract for big money.

Things are not looking good for the Panthers with the current coaching, and the record reflect that. Expect 8-8ish at best with Teddy back at QB thanks to Rhule.  

This post makes me question your intelligence. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What worries me about him is he's really inconsistent.

He has flashes where he looks good. Also has periods where he looks like he has no idea what he's doing.

That got me, too. There's something there, but it's going to take a lot of practice and polish to make him into something great. He'd be perfect to spend a year behind someone like Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger or Alex Smith. 

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

I would question Rhule's overall intelligence and leadership ability if we had lost the Washington game.  We were gifted 4 turnovers and a special teams TD.  Washington was abysmal out there.  we were already playing without CMC and if Bridgewater is as bad as everyone says, he should be the perfect guy to go out and suck.

And make no mistake, TB did suck that day.  Less than 200 yds passing, 1 TD, i Int, and sacked 4 times.  He did his part to lose that game.

I realize people want a high draft choice and I was hoping for a 4-12 mark as well going into that game.  But you can't throw away your integrity like that.  We're not the Jags or Eagles.     

I want coaches who use the current NFL system to move us up the draft when the season is a train wreck and we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Things like integrity, winning culture, and winning for the fans don't mean anything to me. Utilizing the rules of the current system, the more you lose the higher you pick, is what I want. When the starting QB poops the bed and we're no longer in playoff contention, then I want the backup put in to increase the odds of losing. That's the smart move. That's common sense logic, and it makes football sense as well. The dumb move is to win the game and move way down in draft position. Why did Rhule want to win the game? Because he thinks his staff's teaching ability is so incredible that winning that game taught the players how to win in December. No I am not joking. He is that arrogant and delusional. The main thing that matters is our draft position because the main player that matters is the QB. Landing a great QB is the key to everything, and Rhule is going to learn that the hard way. His wonderful teaching isn't going to do jack crap if we don't land a top QB. He might be panicking now when it's too late given that fact that we offered a crazy deal for Stafford. We're in trouble now because of Rhule's dumb move, but fans don't want to hear that. They want to hear that Rhule is a genius and we're going to be great due to the coaching staff, not the QB or draft position. Well that is not reality. Sorry.

Edited by pantherj