• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wentz update: Trade is close, with three teams involved

Mr. Scot

Piecing together from a couple of different sources, latest speculation is that the Eagles might have overplayed their hand and severely overestimated what Carson Wentz was worth.

They figured having two or three interested parties would lead to a bidding war. Instead, the teams involved have played it smart and held their ground, with Colts GM Chris Ballard reportedly having hung up on a phone call where the Eagles requested two first rounders.

The Colts and Bears are both still interested but neither seems willing to overpay. They're basically in "take it or leave it" mode at this point.

The Eagles conceivably could "leave it" but that'd be extremely awkward. Unless the Colts, Bears or team three changes their mind though, the better option would likely be to just take the best offer they've got.

Whether or not the Eagles will be smart remains to be seen.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Piecing together from a couple of different sources, latest speculation is that the Eagles might have overplayed their hand and severely overestimated what Carson Wentz was worth.

They figured having two or three interested parties would lead to a bidding war. Instead, the teams involved have played it smart and held their ground, with Colts GM Chris Ballard reportedly having hung up on a phone call where the Eagles requested two first rounders.

The Colts and Bears are both still interested but neither seems willing to overpay. They're basically in "take it or leave it" mode at this point.

The Eagles conceivably could "leave it" but that'd be extremely awkward. Unless the Colts, Bears or team three changes their mind though, the better option would likely be to just take the best offer they've got.

So these reports that a deal was close could have been just been the Eagles putting it out there hoping it would entice the teams to up their bid?  Such a ludicrous idea....

13 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

So these reports that a deal was close could have been just been the Eagles putting it out there hoping it would entice the teams to up their bid?  Such a ludicrous idea....

Or, they could actually have been close but not sealed the deal. Who knows?

OY 🙄

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Lol

I admire your conviction 

It's not so much conviction as wondering why acknowledgment from an internet stranger seems to matter so much to you.

Yes, what you suggest could also be true. I don't think it is but so what?

Happy? 

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not so much conviction as wondering why acknowledgment from an internet stranger seems to matter so much to you.

Yes, what you suggest could also be true. I don't think it is but so what?

Happy? 

A philosophical question:

Are we really strangers though?

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

At this point, I do not know how you keep him. He is struggling, the team is behind his backup, and he might just be the backup.  I think he goes to Indy for a first rounder and maybe a fifth rounder later.

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Who would Panthers "fans" rather see in the lineup next year...

...Wentz...

...or Cam?

Between the two of them? Cam and its not close. 

You factor in the cost to aquire, contract length and salary cap implications? 

Yeah I'm taking Cam in that scenario 100% of the time. 

Now granted neither are going to happen but you didn't ask about the realistic chance it did, just who we'd take.

41 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Between the two of them? Cam and its not close. 

You factor in the cost to aquire, contract length and salary cap implications? 

Yeah I'm taking Cam in that scenario 100% of the time. 

Now granted neither are going to happen but you didn't ask about the realistic chance it did, just who we'd take.

Yup, you are correct, you answered the question that was asked --- kudos mate.

The thing I don't get is all these names are being kicked around...Trubisky, Minshew, Wentz, etc...

...but no mention of Cam?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's starting to look like all these trade offer rumors likely originated from the Eagles desperately trying to drum up a market. If I had to guess, he ends up getting dealt to the Colts for peanuts.

I agree...however, if I'm the Colts...I'm asking for something fairly large in return to offset that contract.

Colts are in good shape overall, but a wrong move here could wreck that boat.

• Pie 1