• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Colts reach deal on Wentz trade

Mr. Scot

Per Adam Schefter...

Didn't even get a firm first rounder out of it. Instead, a third rounder this year and a conditional second round that could become a first.

Albert Breer said yesterday he had a feeling the trade was going to happen this week. I forget who but I saw someone say this morning that the Bears had dropped their offer so there was basically no competition anymore it was the Colts or nobody.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

This increases the need for the Panthers to trade up in this year’s draft. I think Philadelphia will draft a QB. Hurts is not the answer.

Even if they don't, they could trade the pick to someone who does.

Either way, it's another quarterback domino falling.

3 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Philly will go QB in the draft it seems. We need to be aggressive in the Watson deal or the draft. Staying at 8 at this point is detrimental 

I agree. The people in front of us will draft QB or trade their pick to someone else that will. Too many QB hungry teams in a climate that is increasingly desperate for an immediate splash and immediate success. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

But we got one more morale win, I understand the coach / player perspective on ''winning'' meaningless games. Personally I think they just wanted to beat Ron, as we clearly sat it down the rest of the way IMO. 

I think they were already prepared to do what is needed to bring in a different QB via trade / draft day (trading up if necessary). 

My question is what does this do to PHI's cap considering the guaranteed money?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

But we got one more morale win, I understand the coach / player perspective on ''winning'' meaningless games. Personally I think they just wanted to beat Ron, as we clearly sat it down the rest of the way IMO. 

I think they were already prepared to do what is needed to bring in a different QB via trade / draft day (trading up if necessary). 

My question is what does this do to PHI's cap considering the guaranteed money?

From what I can tell, dead cap hit this year of right at 34M.