• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ARTICLE: Panthers want to make a run at Deshaun Watson...clearing cap space to do so

WarPanthers89

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

4 real those are Cam MVP year numbers and with Will Fuller as his best weapon and bill o brian as HC.

Im not getting my hopes up, i learned better with this organization, but deshaun is worth 2-3 first rounders and cmc

Right ROFL

I love this though where else can you find comedy this gold in the modern era where comedy got killed by PC.

6 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

NY being the market it is in and of itself is enough reason for Watson to choose them over us.  The endorsement deals alone....

I think the cost is too high as it's been reported.

The NYC endorsement thing is kinda a myth. None of the top endorsement earners are NY athletes.

If you want to make a ton of money with endorsements, you need to win.

Besides, the taxes and living expenses would even that out anyway.

• Pie 2

Just now, panthers55 said:

That is it really. What if we give up Burns, Chinn and 3 first rounders for Watson and then he gets hurt behind our porous line. Then we have a crappy offense and an even crappier defense and no first rounders for years. If the system is so great, then why do you need Watson to run it at the expense of decimating your defense?  And can a rookie come in and run the system by moving up in the draft giving up far less in compensation.

The Panthers organization has always been better than the Texans. I think both parties would take their chances.

Watson gets to come home(Clemson area, Georgia vacinity) with a franchise HEAVILY invested in his success AND he has more say this time. He'll be the new face of the franchise day one. In a huge way regionally and nationally.

Panthers again become relevant like when Cam was here instead of irrelevant with no jersey sales and a apathetic fan base.

This is the first well calculated move I've seen. I hope they pull it off.

• Pie 2

Burns, Brown, and Chinn are untouchable in any proposed trade IMO. That's the future of our defense, don't destroy what could be great in a couple of years. 

CMC?  Have at it. Somebody let me know the last time a "great" RB had any significant impact on a Super Bowl run.  Because there's about a decade+ of Leonard Fournette and LeGarrette Blount types being starting RBs on teams that win it all. 

Also since we're reading social media tea leaves lately, CMC's Instagram story yesterday was a little odd

1 hour ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

I hope Tepper doesn't turn into another meddling owner.

Does the new GM and Rhule really want to tie up their entire future into 1 player? It doesn't seem like a risk they would want to take.

Exactly. 

Few people seem to understand that the Panthers will be like the Cowboys are "Football Team", making desperate and exaggerate trades for certain players.

Hopefully all this cap is being cleared up in order to pay a lot of draft picks to sort through.

Otherwise, Deshaun Watson will be crying on Twitter again in three years when he is in the exact same situation; just with the Panthers.

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The NYC endorsement thing is kinda a myth. None of the top endorsement earners are NY athletes.

If you want to make a ton of money with endorsements, you need to win.

Besides, the taxes and living expenses would even that out anyway.

This. Cam did very well in Charlotte. Mahomes is doing very well in KC. You don't have to be in a major market anymore.

Hell, Baker Mayfield is in seemingly every commercial on TV these days and he's in fuging Cleveland.

• Pie 1