• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fix The Damn Line

TriggaPlease89

Even if we aren’t committing to TB, seeing this stat should tell us one thing. A good O line can make anyone look good, especially with the offensive weapons we have. Ensuring the OL is the top priority along with either resigning Samuel or replacing him with a similar profiled player should be the top priority. If a QB can be had for a fair price and or great opportunity arises in the draft so be it but it starts in the trenches. Next year when we have an exuberant amount of cap space then we can go a little crazy but reaching shouldn’t be top priority this season. 

984DE330-A374-4632-9A8D-826C57239086.jpeg

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 3

16 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The line gave us plenty of opportunities last year to make plays that we didn't simply because Teddy is god awful. It is not nearly as bad as most people think it is.

Exactly it wasn’t all on the oline, he made some terrible mistakes at critical times. I won’t forget he had plenty of time and threw the ball for 2 yds on 4th and 7 won’t never forget that. Would y’all like to some videos of that, got a bunch?

What his Y/A when throwing from a clean pocket?  What was the sample size?

Also, I'd like to see the reverse stats.  In today's NFL, even with a good offensive line, there will come a time when a QB needs to make plays under pressure and/or out of the pocket. The eye test says Teddy was terrible in these situations. Would like to see the stats to back that up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Amen.  People want to act like Tampa did not use a first on a tackle after that they got Brady.  Brady wanted a upgrade on the oline for a reason.

Sure makes it easier to improve the line when capital doesn't have to be spent on a quality QB as well. The line needs to be improved, no question, but improving the line isn't going to make Teddy (or other such QBs) what they ain't.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Sure makes it easier to improve the line when capital doesn't have to be spent on a quality QB as well. The line needs to be improved, no question, but improving the line isn't going to make Teddy (or other such QBs) what they ain't.

That said putting watson behind a average rag tag group of lineman will not bring the results some expect.  Watson likes a clean pocket ( all qbs prefer it ) but his rushing disguises the fact he holds onto the ball awhile.  He has taken sacks a lot because of his rushing and holding the ball.  That's not gonna change.  I'm gonna get some poo but if CMC is healthy and we improve the oline I do think teddy could be better.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

That said putting watson behind a average rag tag group of lineman will not bring the results some expect.  Watson likes a clean pocket ( all qbs prefer it ) but his rushing disguises the fact he holds onto the ball awhile.  He has taken sacks a lot because of his rushing and holding the ball.  That's not gonna change.  I'm gonna get some poo but if CMC is healthy and we improve the oline I do think teddy could be better.

If you make zero changes but swap Watson for Teddy with last year's roster, that's worth likely 3-4 more wins alone. Again, I agree that the OL needs improvement but if a desired QB is available the team has to get him and improve the OL in parallel as they can.

• Flames 1