• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms “no way the panthers draft Lance at 8”

GoobyPls

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Related: Lance has apparently advised teams that he won't be running at his pro day.

This is a HUGE red flag. The guy ran a 4.92 in HS. I don't think he's anywhere near as fast as most people think he is. I'm not sure his running ability translates to the NFL. If he could run sub-4.7 he'd be running IMO.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is a HUGE red flag. The guy ran a 4.92 in HS. I don't think he's anywhere near as fast as most people think he is. I'm not sure his running ability translates to the NFL. If he could run sub-4.7 he'd be running IMO.

According to Mike Garafolo at NFL.com he was clocked at 21.54 mph in a game against James Madison. He has been clocked three times at 20mph. It would be nice to see his 40 time though. Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson didnt run the 40 either. 

Lance later learned the GPS tracker he was wearing clocked him at 21.54 mph on that run, his fastest speed of the season. It would have ranked 12th in the NFL last season among ball-carriers and tops among quarterbacks

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

I'm not saying I want Jones at #8, but having him over Lance is not nearly as outlandish as some of you are making it.  Jones mechanically is so far ahead of Lance it isn't even funny.  Lance has a higher upside but I'd argue Jones' floor is a lot higher than Lance's.

With Lance, you truly just don't even know what you are getting over a very athletic QB.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

I'm not saying I want Jones at #8, but having him over Lance is not nearly as outlandish as some of you are making it.  Jones mechanically is so far ahead of Lance it isn't even funny.  Lance has a higher upside but I'd argue Jones' floor is a lot higher than Lance's.

With Lance, you truly just don't even know what you are getting over a very athletic QB.

Even those who advocate drafting Lance generally agree that he's gonna need a lot of reps to be an NFL quarterback.

I don't think the Panthers draft Lance at 8. 

Lance requires more time than I think the Panthers are looking for in a QB.  Plus, he requires a Lance built scheme.   Which doesn't seem like what the Panthers want to do. 

I think Lance would make sense for a team like Atlanta.  A team forced to start another QB and isn't looking to turn it over to a rookie any time soon.  

12 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

The truth is after Wilson and Lawrence, everyone has significant problems. You've just got to choose which ones you think are more fixable. 

I'd limit that to just Lawrence.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think the Panthers draft Lance at 8. 

Lance requires more time than I think the Panthers are looking for in a QB.  Plus, he requires a Lance built scheme.   Which doesn't seem like what the Panthers want to do. 

I think Lance would make sense for a team like Atlanta.  A team forced to start another QB and isn't looking to turn it over to a rookie any time soon.  

Lance or no Lance, I also doubt you're going to see the Panthers building a system around a quarterback again.

It's more likely they just acquire someone they believe can run what they have.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Running is like 50% of his game.....and he isn't Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson.   That's the Lance problem.  Running around vs weak competition and not actually being a dominant runner IMO. 

• Pie 1