• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

If we are going to get serious about a QB and they like Lance much more than Mac, and they probably should, we will trade up.

Jags--Trevor

Jets--Wilson

Dolphins (wild card--smart to trade back, but they could love a player and that could be a QB.  Trade for Watson?  Who knows?)

Atlanta--Fields or Lance  (while I think taking a QB now is dumb, they have so many needs and a decent QB under contract) 

Cincinnati  (another Wild Card--teams will be giving them a lot for the #5 spot if a top 5 QB is on the board)

Philly--possibly taking a QB or would trade back

Detroit--Possibly taking a QB or would trade back

Denver (9) SF (12) NE (15) Washington (19) all could try to move up from where they are. (the picks are from memory--approximate)

I think picks 3-7 are up for grabs. None of those teams are in a spot where they need a QB and they have too many other needs to ignore. Denver and the Niners are our competition for a trade up. Basically I think it’s Lawrence, Fields at 1 and 2 and we just have to prevent Denver and San Fran from jumping us and taking the other 2. I don’t see WFT trading up to select another QB in Fields or Lance who, one is from the same school as Haskins and two had one great season like Haskins did. They will sign a vet or take someone safe like a Mac Jones. Just my thoughts...

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

The way the game has evolved to emphasize passing and offense, yes, finding a franchise qb is the only way to win a superbowl. 

Lance is considered to be the floor of the 4 qbs by most teams and experts. After watching his pro day, there is no way he males it to 8. Someone is going to trade up for him.

The qb position has been a premium for over 20 years. It's been an all out passing league for at least a decade or more and it still has never happened.  

Edited by mrcompletely11

Joe Brady & Rhule were front and center for that workout. 

Maybs this is the guy folks.  Would not be made at all.  Lance or Fields would be super promising.

R1 Lance/Fields QB

R2 Cosmi/Leatherwood/Mayfield OT

the rest--Offensive focus w/maybe a CB or DT

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Bit those same teams know that they can trade back to 7, 8 or later and know that their non-qb target will be there because of the run on qbs. Why pick a CB or a LT at 4 or 5 when tou can trade down to 8 or 9 and still get the same target player and an eztra first round pick next year?

Franchise QBs are too important in today's NFL. Blame Goodell with allnof the rule changes that has favored offenses for the past 5 to 10 years. It is just a reality of the game these days.

But they don’t know they can trade back and they don’t know the teams in those slots will offer enough compensation to be worth it. Could you imagine the Bengals needing a LT and having Sewell there but they trade back to a spot they think they can get him at and somebody else grabs him? 

It’s not a matter of teams wanting to trade up, it’s a matter of the teams in those spots willing to trade down to other spots and accepting the secondary offerings in return. 

This gets brought up every year about how XY and Z teams could look to trade up but it often doesn’t happen. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

He is the true definition of bust or boom prospect the one thing that concerns me is not one throw on the inside route did he lead the wr with Anticipation. sure the kid has a cannon now it’s up to the coaches to figure out if he has the mental part of the game without this important part it’s a bust of a pick. I still think Mac Jones is a better pick in the top 10

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Detroit is not taking a qb, they have Goff for better or worse 2 more years.  Same with ATL.  I think a team in the NFL would be pretty stupid to draft a guy and have him sit for 2 years.  See GB and Love

The Lions have already let it be known that picking a QB is not off the table.