• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut DT Zach Kerr

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, not.Jeff.Reed said:

Maybe we're trying to be like the Indians in the film, Major League. Or trying to tank to get a good QB in 2022.

This is what I'm wondering: since Hurney wanted to as he said "retool" last year rather than "rebuild," maybe they're committing to the rebuild now? Rather than last year being Year 1, it might have been Year 0?

Makes zero sense.  Only thing I can think of is Rhule is looking for a true nose tackle.  Obada definitely doesn't fit the bill and while Kerr was built for it, played more of 3-tech from what I remember.

Note to self: look for nose tackle in the draft.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Makes zero sense.  Only thing I can think of is Rhule is looking for a true nose tackle.  Obada definitely doesn't fit the bill and while Kerr was built for it, played more of 3-tech from what I remember.

Roy is more of a true NT. 3tech/5tech makes more sense imo.

Just now, imminent rogaine said:

Hve to go DT now. poo, maybe even double up. Should be fine since we are deep at all other positions... oh wait.

I like Tufele and Twyman a bunch. I’ll have to look back for a later round NT type. I’m sure there are some 6th round fat boys that can eat blocks.

I've been mocking ONE DT, but you have a point that we may need to double up now.

4 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Hve to go DT now. poo, maybe even double up. Should be fine since we are deep at all other positions... oh wait.

I like Tufele and Twyman a bunch. I’ll have to look back for a later round NT type. I’m sure there are some 6th round fat boys that can eat blocks.

I like Twyman, but he's a pass rushing DT, I think only at 280 pounds?  McNeill would be steep in the 2nd, but if he's still there at #73, snag his butt.

Edited by 45catfan

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

In my mock draft, Ive had luck with getting Tedarrell Slaton late rounds. Look into him.

Backwards move unless we're planning on bringing him back cheaper. 

Actually, this move makes ZERO sense. We just created another hole in a place already shorted at talent. Kerr was one of the few bright spots last year. 

Only thing I can come up with is 1. We're trying to get younger on both lines. 2. Maybe Snow has them convinced he can make any serviceable DT work in his system. Kerr, Obada, and Roy did all overachieve (atleast my expectations anyway). 3. Kerr wanted more $$, we declined and he asked for his release.

Head scratcher regardless. Looking at the two Oline players we picked up today maybe Kerr's pff grade was too high for the Fitterer. 

• Beer 1