• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson has lawsuit filed against him by Tony Buzbee

Verge

7 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

I live in Houston and have worked with numerous Texan players in my line of work. I have never heard a single negative thing about Watson. 

On a side note, you should hear some of the things said behind closed doors about Drew Brees.

I’m all ears....

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It makes no sense. Would this not drive down how much teams are willing to trade for him? Imagine trading a ton of assets for him and this turns out to be true.

or does it make him untradeable? Will a team risk trading for him now if the allegation turns out to be true? Could be a PR nightmare

12 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

like this board's low point (and that's saying a LOT) was slut shaming the girl Greg Hardy assaulted. 

Let's be better, guys

If only it were Brady, Ryan or Brees, then we could all be on board with the allegations.

Disclaimer:  I am assuming Deshaun is innocent (because, well, that's the law).  If he did something wrong he should receive appropriate punishment.  But, working under the presumption of innocence . . .

If this was a ploy to try to retain him, it was grossly misguided.  It doesn't take a lot of digging to track this back to a very close orbit of Cal McNair.  Even if it wasn't attached in any way to the Texans organization, this sort of thing would make me want out were I in Deshaun's shoes.  Get me out, let me start fresh somewhere else.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

like this board's low point (and that's saying a LOT) was slut shaming the girl Greg Hardy assaulted. 

Let's be better, guys

I haven't read one comment like that in this chat so far. No one has mentioned the masseuse yet only the really strange details about how and when and from whom this is coming from. 

They haven't pressed criminal charges so does that mean he did nothing illegal?

They say "he went to far". What does that even mean? If he committed a crime go to the police, if not then what's the problem?

Just now, Panthers Rhule said:

I haven't read one comment like that in this chat so far. No one has mentioned the masseuse yet only the really strange details about how and when and from whom this is coming from. 

On the very first page someone kramers in talking about "punishing these lying bitches"

that's pretty much exactly how the hardy situation started, and by the end of the day you had people who claimed to have gone to school with her talking about all the dudes "they totally knew she blew"

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Tony Buzbee, the attorney who is bringing charges against Deshaun Watson, once put up billboards & asked his “neighbor” Cal McNair, whom he is rumored to be friends with, to draft Jonny Manziel. Something tells us the relationship between McNair and Buzbee will be talked about.

Starting to see why Watson wants out of Houston so bad.  McNair being friends with this nutjob says it all.  Certainly hope this allegation isn't true for all involved.

Initial impression was this guy wants to drag Watson through the mud to lower interest in trades.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1