• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: The Panthers are "locked on Watson"

MVPccaffrey

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

So you’d rather roll with those 2 and Teddy instead? 

Roll the dice on whoever is left at 8?

Or trade next years 1st and a few other picks for Fields or Lance? Sounds like the Jets will ultimately end up taking Wilson. 

Chinn is my fav Panther but if it’s him or Watson, I’m taking the top 5 QB without batting an eye

I don’t believe in stripping down everything on our team for 1 player. The risk are to damn high. We have a fiery, young, and aggressive defense. Yes I will be pissed if we lose it just like that with a “snap” of thanos fingers. But hey, I’m just one guy in this thing. So people don’t give it a poo about my feelings.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

yep and a mediocre oline with an elite qb will be better than mediocre oline with a crappy qb.  

Not according to the last 20 years of playoff contenders. Mediocre olines have made the super bowl only 3-4 times in two decades - all had a HOF qb.

You need both. 

Who is to say the new GM and coach cannot prioritize investing in quality prospects through the draft? They certainley can’t even try if they don’t have the picks.

You’re just assuming the new staff will continue run things like Hurney...and in which case nothing will help us.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

yep and a mediocre oline with an elite qb will be better than mediocre oline with a crappy qb.  

Watson was sacked 49 times last year & led the NFL in passing yards

then two years prior to that in 2018 he was sacked 62 times & led his team to an 11-5 record

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Not according to the last 20 years of playoff contenders. Mediocre olines have made the super bowl only 3-4 times in two decades - all had a HOF qb.

You need both. 

Who is to say the new GM and coach cannot prioritize investing in quality prospects through the draft? They certainley can’t even try if they don’t have the picks.

You’re just assuming the new staff will continue run things like Hurney...and in which case nothing will help us.

yep it would be great to have a hof qb and all pros at every position.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

So you’d rather roll with those 2 and Teddy instead? 

Roll the dice on whoever is left at 8?

Or trade next years 1st and a few other picks for Fields or Lance? Sounds like the Jets will ultimately end up taking Wilson. 

Chinn is my fav Panther but if it’s him or Watson, I’m taking the top 5 QB without batting an eye

Yes absolutely...I’d rather roll with teddy & keep Burns & Chinn

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, LegioX said:

I don’t believe in stripping down everything on our team for 1 player. The risk are to damn high. We have a fiery, young, and aggressive defense. Yes I will be pissed if we lose it just like that with a “snap” of thanos fingers. But hey, I’m just one guy in this thing. So people don’t give it a poo about my feelings.

Make that two.

• Pie 2