• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Allegations detailed (not good)

Mills

14 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It's possible these women just assumed they'd never get any recourse for a man trying to take advantage of them, and so kept quiet, until it hit the public.  Just look at the reactions in this thread...

I can't imagine 9 women all made poo up at the behest of the McNairs or whatever.

I think anyone who actually knows someone who's been through something like this isn't at all surprised.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Oh man don't let petty rich people manipulate legitimate women's movements to attack a black man's character, that's how they prey on liberal good nature. This whole thing screams setup and if Tara Reade is any indication (or the way folks don't even bring her accusations up), we know how to he discerning when it comes to sexual assault accusations

The alternative - that a relatively powerful individual crossed boundaries and, because of his status, women complied with his requests - is not only an unfortunate reality of this world but rather commonplace.  I hope it isn't true, but false claims are much rarer than some comments in these threads suggest. I do think there would be a criminal investigation if some of the claims floating around were true, but I have a hard time believing that this is completely, totally made up. 

Edit: It is worth noting that the way some here responded to the initial reports that the first couple incidents were about asking for a happy ending, it seems relatively common for men visiting a masseuse to do such things.  There's a whole power dynamic that comes into play with a superstar athlete, etc... I don't know.  This situation is fuged.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 2

8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I mean it sounds logical. Not only Panther fans, but if you read any other fan board who thought about getting Watson they were hesitant about their favorite team selling the future as well.

It’s an unprecedented trade for a QB this young and this successful. So no one really knows or has anything to compare it to, but the price is intimidating and I don’t see an issue with anyone hesitant for those reasons.

It is also logical to see it as a deal breaker. There are a plethora of things that could happen. More victims come forward. Could actually end up guilty. Could end up suspended. Or yea, absolutely nothing will come of it. But logic would say the situation is concerning. Not whether you thinks it’s true or not. The situation. The list goes on, I also don’t see any issue for hesitation for these reasons.

Valid concerns all around. What’s not logical is to say none of those drafts picks will matter anyway and Watson will be completely cleared of all these charges and nothing will come of them and anyone who says otherwise has an agenda. Trying to see something that isn’t there.

I understand all that and think some folks were just scared to make any trade at all, even when McNair has shown to get taken for a ride in trades (D Hopkins) and used "mortgaging the future" to hide their fear of spending Teppers money bc they're just boring as hell. They said as much yesterday, even when folks were proposing trades that didn't cripple us totally

This just helps their case in being cowardly sports ball fans 

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The alternative - that a relatively powerful individual crossed boundaries and, because of his status, women complied with his requests - is not only an unfortunate reality of this world but rather commonplace.  I hope it isn't true, but false claims are much rarer than some comments in these threads suggest. I do think there would be a criminal investigation if some of the claims floating around were true, but I have a hard time believing that this is completely, totally made up. 

I literally know false claims are not the norm and every time I point to my doubts I provide the detail about the lawyer being the embarrassed owner's neighbor and that lawyer's penchant for faking texts, which apparently are the big pieces of evidence here. That's reason for doubting the veracity of these claims. 

Plus, Tara Reade and how people dismiss her claims despite being fans of MeToo shows even the most liberal people pick and choose what allegations they believe and which they don't. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Will need victims to cooperate with a criminal investigation...will be curious to see if anyone files since they are still within the statute of limitations.

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

I literally know false claims are not the norm and every time I point to my doubts I provide the detail about the lawyer being the embarrassed owner's neighbor and that lawyer's penchant for faking texts, which apparently are the big pieces of evidence here. That's reason for doubting the veracity of these claims. 

Plus, Tara Reade and how people dismiss her claims despite being fans of MeToo shows even the most liberal people pick and choose what allegations they believe and which they don't. 

I admit the lawyer in this case seems scummy as all hell and there's a lot of weird circumstances.  I also agree that we can be critical of each case individually.  The thing is, we're up to 9 women that are claiming some degree of improper - and even criminal - behavior.  It is hard for me to imagine the lawyer has orchestrated THAT big a conspiracy... But there will be time for this to at least partially work out.

Welp, it wasn't too long ago when police caught the owner of the Patriots on video soliciting sex acts at "spa" in Florida.  Eventually all charges were dropped.  Amazing what a good defense team can do for you.

I know who I'd be calling if I were Watson.  Might even get a new job out of it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/robert-kraft-prostitution-charges-dropped-florida-prosecutors-n1240964

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It's possible these women just assumed they'd never get any recourse for a man trying to take advantage of them, and so kept quiet, until it hit the public.  Just look at the reactions in this thread...

I can't imagine 9 women all made poo up at the behest of the McNairs or whatever.

I think one of the big questions here, assuming these allegations are true, is how many masseuses/prostitutes has Watson done this with, where the arrangement went off without a hitch?  If this stuff is true, he obviously came into these encounters with an expectation of something.  I dont think he just randomly woke up one day and decided to sexually assualt anybody.  Hes probably been getting these "massages" for years now, most of the time with willing participants.

Instagram is chock full of these types of women offering their massage skills and "companionship" for a nominal fee.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

Will need victims to cooperate with a criminal investigation...will be curious to see if anyone files since they are still within the statute of limitations.

Only one victim seems to be accusing him of an act that could be criminal I think, no?

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Welp, it wasn't too long ago when police caught the owner of the Patriots on video soliciting sex acts at "spa" in Florida.  Eventually all charges were dropped.  Amazing what a good defense team can do for you.

That case also went wrong because it was a police investigation and the officers in charge botched it.

Kraft should probably be in jail. So should Roethlisberger. But what can you do?

Edited by Mr. Scot