• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jimmy G to Carolina, I guess?

electro's horse

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

God, this has went so bad, so fast.

Not really. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time that #8 was likely going to be too low. Now it's just all but confirmed.

My biggest hope right now? Just don't panic and reach on Mac Jones at #8.

For the first time in this franchise's history, we might have to actually get strategic about the future. If we can't (or aren't willing to) get to #2, then we probably need to be positioning ourselves to get Howell or Rattler in '22. If the right QB isn't there at #8, take the best trade down offer on the table and push all the chips to 2022. It's not like Panthers fans aren't used to wasted years.

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Not really. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time that #8 was likely going to be too low. Now it's just all but confirmed.

My biggest hope right now? Just don't panic and reach on Mac Jones at #8.

For the first time in this franchise's history, we might have to actually get strategic about the future. If we can't (or aren't willing to) get to #2, then we probably need to be positioning ourselves to get Howell or Rattler in '22. It's not like Panthers fans aren't used to wasted years.

Yeah, but those wasted years start adding up, and the cumulative effect is really taking its toll.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

And to think, none of this desperation would even be a thing if they had just kept Cam another year instead of jettisoning him for a lesser QB who they paid more to singlehandedly lose 8 out of 11 games we had a chance to win.  This is really bad.

Exactly... this to me is much more indicting of Rhule and company (disclaimer- I like much of what they have done outside of QB) than fretting over draft position for QB's that haven't proven a thing and that have a bust potential of greater than 50%

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, but those wasted years start adding up, and the cumulative effect is really taking its toll.

It is what it is. I'll take a good and proper tank job over another year of... "fug, we sucked but we didn't suck quite bad enough to land a QB who can turn the tide"

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I understand, but "wasting" one more year building the team makes more sense than making a massive, massive gamble on an unproven player when we aren't one player away from competing like the Niners feel they are.

Deshaun Watson was Plan A, B, & C... that was directly from sources inside the Panthers...

That obviously isn't an option now, and we are left at Square 1... 

I just don't want the Panthers to make another Teddy-esque move b/c we lost out on Watson and potentially set ourselves further back...

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And to think, none of this desperation would even be a thing if they had just kept Cam another year instead of jettisoning him for a lesser QB who they paid more to singlehandedly lose 8 out of 11 games we had a chance to win.  This is really bad.

Yep. All cause Tepper wanted to play genius.