• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Micah Simon

Verge

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

What does Matt Kalil have to do with ANYTHING regarding the 2021 Carolina Panthers?

Nothing and nothing.

I simply find it curious when one GM makes a questionable signing, fans want to hang him at sundown. Another GM makes a questionable signing and it's "thinking outside the box."

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I see a guy who does not have a lot of elusiveness and does not always seem to get as much separation as he should be getting, but it is really hard to say based on this small sample of highlights.  Note how often the first man in the open field brings him down.  Maybe there is something here, but his upside is visible.

I see a solid 3rd down WR. You're right, he's not elusive, and I don't think he's the burner his pro day thumb-on-the-scale 40 time would show him to be.

But what I do like is his ability to high-point a ball over a defender, and his ability to run a route across the middle and bring in the ball while absorbing a hit. We lost Curtis Samuel, so if this guy's ceiling is our 3rd down Mr. Dependable, I'm very okay with that.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

Not to mention a year off to train, he's listed at 6'1 / 185 that's not a Philly Brown type like someone mentioned. Philly was 5'11 / 175 as a rookie. 

I don't know why people can't be happy with the fact we are looking at unconventional options, and turning over stones. 

If Bellichick did this, everyone would be talking about how he thinks outside of the box. 

• Pie 1