• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who had the more impressive SEC run while winning a national championship season??

WOW!!

Who had the more impressive SeC championship Season   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Best SEC QB Season?

• Cam Newton Auburn
    • Joe Burrow LSU
    • Matt Jones Alabama
    • The Golden Calf of Bristol Florida

4 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Cam didn’t have anything around him those other teams were stacked. Nick Fairly is the only player I can remember getting drafted early from that side 

Wow, I didn't even notice this.  You are right, it was Cam and Nick going in the 1st round.  Then there were two 7th round picks in that draft.  Only 1 Auburn guy got drafted the following year, and he was a 4th round pick.  Only 1 Auburn guy got drafted the year after that, and he was a 3rd round pick.

I just did a comparison to UNC around the same time and holy smokes its a night and day difference.  They were stacked with NFL talent.

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Cam, and i may be wrong but isn't he the only QB ever to win national titles at two different levels.

Without Cam, Auburn doesn't sniff the SEC Champions and the National Title.

I may be a bit bias because my daughter was a student at Auburn when they won the title.  

Decent chance I saw her at the bars at some point, then

8 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Cam didn’t have anything around him those other teams were stacked. Nick Fairly is the only player I can remember getting drafted early from that side 

Michael Dyer and Philip Lutzenkirchen were also fabulous players. Dyer was a freshman. 

Cam carried the offense, though, just as Fairley carried the defense.