• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth: OL or TE?

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Draft is O-Line heavy. Take Pitts at 8 then spend the next 3 picks on the line. Can never have enough weapons. Also there are some free agent tackles left that are still decent (Villanueva, Wagner, Okung)

This is one of the reasons why Ive balked at the idea of trading up or trading away a bunch of picks for a quarterback.

In a draft that's said to have one of the better draft pools for offensive lineman in a while, I'm kind of hesitant about giving up picks that could be used to build our line.

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

better question: OT or CB

Is it?

Drafted a few guys last year, they need to step up. Can add a CB later in the draft for more competition.

Or take a CB early next year. Building for the future and OT is hard to come by. 

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Poor question, the chance of all 3 being there at 8 is slim.

Every year the huddle argues who they want out of guys that most likely won’t be there .

Better question would be Slater, Smith, Parsons, or Surtain?

this is the literal opposite of what will happen 

it's a long-standing and much mocked trend of the huddle for the Safe Expectations people to decry any player of value being long gone, and one of those players are always there

Aside from Quarterback panic I was pretty impressed that that thought process was scant this off season 

until you ruined it

• Beer 1

for the "Panthers have plenty of weapons already" argument:

• their unquestioned best 3rd down threat last year has moved on to WFT.
  • Robby Anderson's deal expires after this upcoming season
  • DJ Moore has a 5th year option due next season, and a big contract negotiation somewhere around the corner
  • McCaffrey's deal expiration lines up nicely with a 2021 rookie deal.
  • every other skill position player is either unproven or is a complementary piece at this point.

I think all 3 of the prospects listed in Voth's poll would be a good pickup at #8, for the record.

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Sewell/Slater and then Mond in round 2. 

I can live with that. Especially if Mond Sucks we can give him the Jimmy Clausen treatment in 2022.

That is a wasted pick. Use it on a potential starter, not a gamble.

We could easily get a franchise OG with that 2nd round pick.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I can understand perhaps picking one in the 3rd or later. Not necessarily agree with it but we do need to keep in mind that our #2 and #3 QB's are pretty bad too. 

Understood.

Fitterer has mentioned being a proponent of the "get a quarterback every year" philosophy, though of course that doesn't always mean drafting one.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Sewell/Slater for sure. 

Panthers are slowly leaking more and more that QB won't be the pick. It's either a smokescreen or they are trying to temper fan's expectatinos

I mean the 49ers changed the landscape of the Draft this week. 

You have to accept that unless you truly think 4/5 QBs are worth taking with the first 8 picks we're going elsewhere.