• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've virtually met with at least 2 CBs and 1 WR

top dawg

Per Tim Weaver and our friends at Panthers Wire, the Panthers have met with Oregon CB Deommodore Lenoir, Boise St CB & KR Avery Williams, and my favorite, Charleston WR Mike Strachan, an under-the-radar, big-bodied, receiver with some upside who has been mentioned here in the draft forum.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/31/panthers-2021-nfl-draft-virtual-meetings-avery-williams-deommodore-lenoir-mike-strachan/

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Stephon Gilmore will be a free agent....

I never really liked his game, thought he was massively overpaid based mostly on his speed.

I could see us drafting a CB 3rd or later and then rolling with what we have this year, see if any of the 2nd year guys step up and hit a new level of play. I still don't see us getting a good+ CB before next year. 

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Per Tim Weaver and our friends at Panthers Wire, the Panthers have met with Oregon CB Deommodore Lenoir, Boise St CB & KR Avery Williams, and my favorite, Charleston WR Mike Strachan, an under-the-radar, big-bodied, receiver with some upside who has been mentioned here in the draft forum.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/31/panthers-2021-nfl-draft-virtual-meetings-avery-williams-deommodore-lenoir-mike-strachan/

Were can game tape be found on Mike Strachan? 

Coaching at the Senior bowl was a huge advantage (esp. In a covid year). Which is one of the reasons I'm a fan of acquiring more picks this year. 

Side note: Didn't Rivera coach the Senior Bowl one year?? I may be off but if not, I might have to go reevaluate that particular draft. 

We might be looking for an Corn Elder replacement in the later rounds or as UDFAs. I was hoping we would resign him atleast for a year. His improvement was impressive and at worst we'd have quality depth guarding the slot. 

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I only found the one clip on YouTube. Other than that, only articles.

Ok.

Now I found this one because you said there was one clip, uploaded 4 days ago 😃

Edited by kass
  • Pie 1

14 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Coaching at the Senior bowl was a huge advantage (esp. In a covid year). Which is one of the reasons I'm a fan of acquiring more picks this year. 

Side note: Didn't Rivera coach the Senior Bowl one year?? I may be off but if not, I might have to go reevaluate that particular draft. 

We might be looking for an Corn Elder replacement in the later rounds or as UDFAs. I was hoping we would resign him atleast for a year. His improvement was impressive and at worst we'd have quality depth guarding the slot. 

Rivera coached the ProBowl, not the Senior Bowl. Common mistake.

4 hours ago, kass said:

Ok.

Now I found this one because you said there was one clip, uploaded 4 days ago 😃

I am not that impressed.  Does not play to his speed.  However, he has some potential.  I was more impressed with #4, that little scat back that ran for about 300 yards that day.

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I'd love Elder to stay, but the fact he was benched at the end of the year for Hartsfield tells you what the coaching staff think of him. 

We weren't at the point of experimenting with any other position at that point - he's gone.