• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-offense draft incoming? Panthers Wire mock!

top dawg

I don't put a whole lot of energy into mocks, but I do look at them occasionally during all the waiting before the actual draft! Tim Weaver and Panthers Wire's mock is as interesting as any other I guess, but I'm thinking that they could be on to something with this draft being all offense.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/gallery/panthers-2021-nfl-mock-draft-all-offense-trey-lance/

The tea leaves will be what we do with the rest of free agency. If we can somehow sign, for example, Breshaud Breeland, Steven Nelson, Malik Hooker, DaQuan Jones or maybe even re-sign Short, I could see the tea leaves falling in favor of an all-offense draft. I just think that the thought is interesting considering what actually transpired last draft, even if I question some of their picks (not that I know a lot about them...other than Lance of course, and Shi Smith). What do you know about these guys? What do you think about an all-offense draft? What would you say about Lance AND Ehlinger?

Trey Lance, QB  NDSU 

Walker Little, OT  Stanford 

Kendrick Green, OG  Illinois 

Josh Palmer, WR  Tennessee 

Khalil Herbert, RB  Va Tech 

Shi Smith, WR  South Carolina 

John Bates, TE  Boise St 

Sam Ehlinger, QB  Texas

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

it's a deep CB class and id imagine the expectation is that we draft one at some point in the first three rounds

wouldn't be surprised with a safety either

would you ignore oline to upgrade the secondary ? Or do you just have a lot of faith in the injury prone underperforming FAs that we signed and have been signing for the past several years

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't put a whole lot of energy into mocks, but I do look at them occasionally during all the waiting before the actual draft! Tim Weaver and Panthers Wire's mock is as interesting as any other I guess, but I'm thinking that they could be on to something with this draft being all offense.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/gallery/panthers-2021-nfl-mock-draft-all-offense-trey-lance/

The tea leaves will be what we do with the rest of free agency. If we can somehow sign, for example, Breshaud Breeland, Steven Nelson, Malik Hooker, DaQuan Jones or maybe even re-sign Short, I could see the tea leaves falling in favor of an all-offense draft. I just think that the thought is interesting considering what actually transpired last draft, even if I question some of their picks (not that I know a lot about them...other than Lance of course, and Shi Smith). What do you know about these guys? What do you think about an all-offense draft? What would you say about Lance AND Ehlinger?

Trey Lance, QB  NDSU 

Walker Little, OT  Stanford 

Kendrick Green, OG  Illinois 

Josh Palmer, WR  Tennessee 

Khalil Herbert, RB  Va Tech 

Shi Smith, WR  South Carolina 

John Bates, TE  Boise St 

Sam Ehlinger, QB  Texas

Sign me up

12 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

would you ignore oline to upgrade the secondary ? Or do you just have a lot of faith in the injury prone underperforming FAs that we signed and have been signing for the past several years

I would draft the best player at a position of need with identical positional value

20 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

That is one crappy draft. We need a young CB and this is a great draft to get a really good one. We also need youth on our DL.

A "young" CB is fine, as long as he's the BPA. We have youth on our DL, and we need a lot of things. I don't believe in drafting inferior players to the detriment of superior players at another position simply based upon a perceived need, or desire to get younger. Neither excellent teams or franchises are built in a day. It takes time! I'll happily draft vets of varying ages if it completes the team. There's always another season where other--possibly even better--options will arise. Mind you, I'm not saying that we shouldn't address defense and get younger, but that there's simply more things and players to consider, and their relative impact upon the team that season and beyond, as it relates to team building.