Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Would prefer Mayfield or Eichenberg in the 2nd. Little seems like a bust to me, but what do I know?

Probably PTSD from selecting a tackle named Little in the second round 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasnt played in 2 years (basically) but I like him.  Beware OTs from the Pac 10, however.  It seems that some are horribly overrated.   Give me the OL from the Big 10.

That is the reason I think Sewell (a good one) and Slater are closer than you think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Walker Little. We need someone who is ready to start day one with a high floor, not a high ceiling/unknown floor prospect like Little.

1. Sewell
2. Slater
3. Eichenberg
4. Darrisaw
5. Teven Jenkins

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Little some, as in 4th round love. Unless theres a insane run on OT and hes there in the 3rd round, sure.

I did catch some of the pro-day, he didnt look NFL ready. I know there was some 2019 1st smoke and then he had a injury AND then he opt-outed. He looked like a drive bar bouncer and his numbers where meh as well. But Im an line-whore(mainly DL) and he plays OT, so why the hell not.  

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CatalystNX said:

Not a fan of Walker Little. We need someone who is ready to start day one with a high floor, not a high ceiling/unknown floor prospect like Little.

1. Sewell
2. Slater
3. Eichenberg
4. Darrisaw
5. Teven Jenkins

Yeah, Walker is a borderline top 10 talent at tackle imo but I like less heralded guys like Brady Christensen and Jackson Carman more.

6. Leatherwood

7. Carman

8. Cosmi

9. Mayfield

10. Christensen

11. Walker

12. Radunz

Edited by mickeye76
Mispell
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a group of informed posters--nice and refreshing. 

By piecing together things I have learned from you all over the past few months and watching the available video of these players, I think we have to look at T as a 2 starter process that should be addressed this off season. 

Moton (according to some of you) wants LT money in the $20-23m range.  Not a good look for a RT.  8 years ago that was elite QB money.  I think we need to draft a LT in round 1, and a RT later to take over in 2022.  There are a lot of young RTs later in this draft and we could be developing one NOW.   So when I see RTs in the middle rounds, I start frothing at the mouth like a rabid rabbit.

Here are some I really like:

2nd round:  Mayfield (some have a first-round grade, but I have him around #40, which is great.  Would we draft 2 OTs at 1 and 2 during the same year?  Doubtful, but he is a swing T and is very mechanically sound.

3rd round:  Carman is interesting because he is a G or RT--which means he could play either...Radunz would be a great developmental RT to draft in round 3 because if our LT every went down, he could switch over without losing too much...

4th/5th  round:  Spencer Brown from N. Iowa should be there early day 3, and at 6'9" and 320 lbs, he is a bigun.  James Hudson (Cincy) and Brady Christensen (BYU) would be nice additions in this range.  Not starters for now, but they will be one day. Remember, D'Ante Smith (ECU) was at the SR Bowl with our staff, and this is about where he starts getting love.

6th/7th round:  Tommy Doyle (Miami Ohio) is a big swing T who has a nasty demeanor.  Former Hockey player.  Josh Ball (Marshall) is a former 4-star recruit who signed with Florida State before transferring to Marshall.  He has a ton of upside, and he may not be drafted.  I think he could start in the NFL in a year or two.

 

 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This is a group of informed posters--nice and refreshing. 

By piecing together things I have learned from you all over the past few months and watching the available video of these players, I think we have to look at T as a 2 starter process that should be addressed this off season. 

Moton (according to some of you) wants LT money in the $20-23m range.  Not a good look for a RT.  8 years ago that was elite QB money.  I think we need to draft a LT in round 1, and a RT later to take over in 2022.  There are a lot of young RTs later in this draft and we could be developing one NOW.   So when I see RTs in the middle rounds, I start frothing at the mouth like a rabid rabbit.

Here are some I really like:

2nd round:  Mayfield (some have a first-round grade, but I have him around #40, which is great.  Would we draft 2 OTs at 1 and 2 during the same year?  Doubtful, but he is a swing T and is very mechanically sound.

3rd round:  Carman is interesting because he is a G or RT--which means he could play either...Radunz would be a great developmental RT to draft in round 3 because if our LT every went down, he could switch over without losing too much...

4th/5th  round:  Spencer Brown from N. Iowa should be there early day 3, and at 6'9" and 320 lbs, he is a bigun.  James Hudson (Cincy) and Brady Christensen (BYU) would be nice additions in this range.  Not starters for now, but they will be one day. Remember, D'Ante Smith (ECU) was at the SR Bowl with our staff, and this is about where he starts getting love.

6th/7th round:  Tommy Doyle (Miami Ohio) is a big swing T who has a nasty demeanor.  Former Hockey player.  Josh Ball (Marshall) is a former 4-star recruit who signed with Florida State before transferring to Marshall.  He has a ton of upside, and he may not be drafted.  I think he could start in the NFL in a year or two.

 

 

Ive been contemplating this as well. Insurance for Moton is a lowkey need. Especially if hes seeking that large of a contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Yeah, Walker is a borderline top 10 talent at tackle imo but I like less heralded guys like Brady Christensen and Jackson Carman more.

6. Leatherwood

7. Carman

8. Cosmi

9. Mayfield

10. Christensen

11. Walker

12. Radunz

Got to put James Hudson somewhere on this list, he maybe in the top 5.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole I'm afraid.

He's one of those picks that if someone takes him and he turns into an All-Pro you just have to shrug your shoulders and applaud.

Dude hasn't played football for two years. It's a no from me. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole I'm afraid.

He's one of those picks that if someone takes him and he turns into an All-Pro you just have to shrug your shoulders and applaud.

Dude hasn't played football for two years. It's a no from me. 

Good call.  Your last comment is a huge red flag for me.  He was kinda average before that.

These LT prospects are where a lot of big mistakes have been made.  For me with OL you pick production not potential.

Edited by Shocker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • E4BFr3rVUAIm1Zm.jpg

     

     

     

     

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • ...Interesting article. It almost sounds like there is a high level plan that Tepper and the city share for that area. Obviously, who pays for what will be the big fight. https://www.wbtv.com/2021/07/22/records-show-charlotte-lacks-money-new-stadium/ ——————— A WBTV Investigation shows the Queen City’s capacity to contribute to stadium projects is much lower than what’s recently been agreed upon in other NFL cities. Financial records shared by city staffers during a Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority board meeting show that the capacity to take on debt for major stadium construction is somewhat limited by other projects the city has already financed. ———————— “I don’t feel that the capacity is there at the moment in the existing tax structure,” District 7 Councilman Ed Driggs told WBTV Councilman and financial institution veteran Ed Driggs told WBTV he has doubts about the cities pot of money to pay for the deal. “Particularly because we have a pipeline of capital projects that will probably soak up a lot of that of existing capacity,” Driggs said. In addition to future potential projects like Discovery Place and Blumenthal Performing Arts, the city is already committed to $174 million in debt in the Convention Center fund, including more than $100 million for recent convention center upgrades. ———————- Economist Andrew Zimbalist told WBTV that deals between franchise owners and cities that look beyond a specific dollar contribution have proven more fruitful for taxpayers. “Cities are finding it more and more difficult to justify the expenditures as the prices go up in urban areas,” Zimbalist said. “What we’ll do is we’ll give you the land for the stadium. Not only that, but we’ll give you some acres around it for parking lots and we’ll give you some more acres for commercial and residential development and then you can make your money off of those other things that will help pay back.”   That’s not to dissimilar from the plan currently unfolding between Charlotte and Tepper. The City has already reached an agreement with Tepper and a developer for new soccer fields, residential units and commercial enterprises at Eastland. The city is also still negotiating with Tepper around a mixed-use/entertainment district in the area near Bank of America Stadium and the Charlotte Pipe and Foundry property, which could be crucial to the development of a future stadium. Rezoning Pipe and Foundry and using a mixed-use/entertainment district to link it with the Gateway District, home of a future transit center for Amtrak could be crucial to plans moving forward. ———————- “More likely than not, at the end of the day, for the vast majority of these deals, they should not be looked upon as a promoter for the economy,” Zimbalist said. “They’re not going to raise overall employment. They’re not going to raise per capita income, and what you want to do as a city if you want to have a sports team, whether it’s MLS, NFL or NBA or whatever it might be, try to make a deal that is financially neutral.”
    • True that but even if you trade it for later capital, better to get a return on investment. 
    • Everything tells me we are going to go short term high value as soon as free agency drops. 
×
×
  • Create New...