• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most realistic trade partner?

Agent Blue

8 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

I’ve been looking at the message boards for both these teams lately trying to get any idea of what’s the fans might be saying. Falcons is as expected...QB or Pitts. On the Lions boards I keep seeing a common theme...comments like “Cant go wrong with Sewell but Parsons is a perfect fit for us”...Lions fans def for the most part r pounding the table for Parsons 

I would be too if we didn’t have glaring holes at tackle. He’s a machine and is the second coming of Wagner/Keuchly. As long as he stays healthy he’s going to be a top 5 linebacker in the league for a decade. 

3 hours ago, unicar15 said:

I would be too if we didn’t have glaring holes at tackle. He’s a machine and is the second coming of Wagner/Keuchly. As long as he stays healthy he’s going to be a top 5 linebacker in the league for a decade. 

That's by far the biggest risk of any position player at the top of this draft, though. It just doesn't happen often at that position. I hope we don't take that gamble needlessly when there are other needs.

13 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

We got to the Super Bowl with Walmart bargains at WR. 

Because we had a absolute superstar at QB. If you think Fields or Lance can develop into that, and they are there at 8, you don't even answer the phone. You turn in the card.

If you have doubts about Fields or Lance, take Sewell or Slater or get as much as you can for the pick (assuming Sewell/Slater are gone).

• Pie 1

What about Denver? If we can make them believe we have a partner ready to move ahead of them we can easily pick up a fourth and still get our guy at 9.

But given the fact that the easiest way to keep your job is to draft a quarterback and get a new grace period, all qbs will probably be gone.

If Pitts or Sewel are there, you take one. Done!

If not, I would trade back and get another 2nd rd pick or 2 more like a 2nd and 4th, depending on who and how far we go back. If 1 or more QBs are there at 8, we'll find a trade partner because Denver/WFT/Pats/Bears would love to have one if they don't trade up before 8.

Many people love the idea of trading back, but 8 is kind of a sweet spot for top talent when you have such QB needy top 5 teams.  I'd rather see us grab any of the top 5 non-qb players at #8 than see us move back. 

Kyle PItts, Devonta Smith, Surtain, Sewell.... Those are guys that are almost surefire all-pro.

• Pie 2

On 4/14/2021 at 6:08 AM, Trainwreck said:

I don’t see New England trading up. Belichick has never really been that guy. He usually trades down. WFT is probably the best trading partner if Lance is available and Fitterer decides to pass. 

Belichik has also never spent hundreds of millions in FA like this year.  He might trade up

On 4/13/2021 at 8:34 PM, MHS831 said:

I see trade ups (Denver to Atlanta 4 or Miami 6, for example) and then maybe New England or Washington with Carolina (8).  Here is why:
Atlanta wants to move back--it is the smart move.  Denver is the closest to Atlanta, so they might trade up.

However, if Denver does not trade up, the Panthers then become the trade target because everyone thinks Denver wants a QB.  NE, Washington, and maybe even Philly, Chicago, etc could be on the hunt.  If Lance survives Cincy, Miami, and Detroit, we will get offered a ton. So watch Denver--they may move up with Atlanta or Miami.  --and if they are not aggressive and think a QB will fall to them, teams will want to move up to 8.

Here is the plus side:

If 4 qbs go early, then that leaves three other players that I consider to be generational talents:  Pitts, Sewell, and Chase.  However, Waddle and Smith are not far behind.  And if a team reaches or takes a jaw dropper--and I see a player like Parsons or Slater or Darrisaw possibly being that player, then it could drop one of those players to us.

In that case, I am not sure I trade--Chase, Moore, and Anderson?  Are you kidding me?  Pitts Moore and Anderson?  Tough to cover those guys.  Sewell?  Forget LT for a decade.

We've also said we like Pitts, that we'll go BPA, and that we're stacking QBs. Even ATL likely doesn't have a plan yet.