• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade back question

section543

So how many of the top 100 prospects do you think could legitimately start for us next season? If we traded back once or twice (if we had partners I know) and could add top 100 picks, could we possibly get 4-5 starters or significant contributors and would that be worth it?

I think we could easily get Two OL starters and two DBs at least. Not sure if that’s more of a commentary on our current talent, or value in the draft

• Pie 1

The only way we should trade back is for multiple first round picks.  Honestly, I don't really like the idea of trading back at all.  At pick eight, there are going to be multiple nailed on starters at positions of need sitting there.  You don't trade that away for anything less than a kings ransom.

Trade down a few spots and get an extra 2nd or 3rd pick .  Select Parsons (MLB) our first (a top 10-15 pick) .  Take Leatherwood (LT) with our first 2nd rounder .  With our next 2nd or 3rd take a QB (Monds or MIlls ) (we will need a backup QB) .  Pick a guard or CB with our next 3rd .  We have now fixed our O-line and our future MLB . We have a backup QB to develop .  Pick BPA with the rest of our draft .

• Pie 1