• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Tepper was supposed to be the one that wanted Watson so badly and was willing to give up anything for him. He was also reported to be the one that wanted Teddy gone. That doesn't seem like a guy that is smart and lets others do their jobs. That screams meddling owner.

Now that's optimism! 

Bro who DIDN’T want Teddy gone???

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Multiple sources have hinted that we're not high on Trey Lance.

One or two suggested that we didn't like any quarterbacks other than Lawrence and Wilson, but one of those same sources (Joe Person) later suggested we were "intrigued" by Fields.

I've read enough to believe the Panthers non-interest in Trey Lance is probably fact. Whether or not they genuinely like Justin Fields or it's just a smokescreen? Don't really know. Ask me on Friday.

I know Verge doesn't see us taking a first round QB at this point.

That all seems logical but one thing does make me think otherwise...maybe

It’s been reported that we looked into trading up to 3.  If we wanted to go to three that tells me we like QB3.  Early in the process most people assumed QB1 and QB2 were doing 1 and 2 in the draft.  Trading up to 3 for QB2 would have been stupid.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Multiple sources have hinted that we're not high on Trey Lance.

One or two suggested that we didn't like any quarterbacks other than Lawrence and Wilson, but one of those same sources (Joe Person) later suggested we were "intrigued" by Fields.

I've read enough to believe the Panthers non-interest in Trey Lance is probably fact. Whether or not they genuinely like Justin Fields or it's just a smokescreen? Don't really know. Ask me on Friday.

I know Verge doesn't see us taking a first round QB at this point.

If I was a GM I'd constantly be running mole hunts. 

"Oh there's rumours that we like Lance? Well I only told our SE regional scout that. Sharon, have HR draw up his P45". 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If I was a GM I'd constantly be running mole hunts. 

"Oh there's rumours that we like Lance? Well I only told our SE regional scout that. Sharon, have HR draw up his P45". 

That really wouldn't work in practice though.

People come up with rumors to push all the time without sources.

And then you'd also be telling your hand. "What players are the Panthers *not* rumored to be interested in?"  And that would also be telling.

35 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

I think it’s funny jourdan rodrigue who used to work for the team said months ago we like field, but person who currently works for the team says no no no no and then finally yes. 

Person a socks and berkenstocks kinda dude

33 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Not sure what that means haha. I just meant, person likely only puts out what the team wants him to. JR likely still has contacts within our team and was transparent about it

Oh I get what you’re saying. He’s a plant. I’m saying he wears socks with his Birkenstocks, probably