• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer also has us taking Fields, believes Tepper is pushing for it.

GoobyPls

7 hours ago, jtm said:

Whatever we do, I hope it is Fitterer and his staff making the pick rather than Tepper.  It rarely ends well when owners that have zero scouting experience start making personnel decisions.  

AGREED

and I'm the biggest Fields proponent there is. This would set a bad precedent

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because you didn't think he'd be there at #8 at the time.

I said basically this same thing yesterday.

YES

Let's rewind the clocks to the day we traded for Darnold. There was a lot of rumblings from NFL insiders (not the media who keep touting Mac Jones) that the 9ers traded up for Fields/Lance and the Falcons were going to take the other prospect. 

Since then more stuff has leaked that the Falcons might love Pitts, etc. 

If you're in the Panthers you're stuck with either Teddy. Or waiting to trade for Darnold until the Jets can hold you up for a King's Ransom bc they KNOW you have no other options. 

36 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

And that answer is maybe. We just don't know what they think of Sam. Guess we'll find out tomorrow if a QB falls to them.

If they pass of Fields or whoever at 8, take a tackle or whatever or trade back, and then take Mond, Trask, or some other QB in the second or later rounds, this place will explode.

For the record, if they don't take one early, I think the Panthers will take a QB in the mid rounds since the GM has stated he likes taking a QB during those rounds to develop.

Maybe, isn’t a yes. 

I hope that they don’t use a 2nd or 3rd on a QB.  Too many good players in those rounds.   I generally don’t care what they do after the top 3 rounds. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe, isn’t a yes. 

I hope that they don’t use a 2nd or 3rd on a QB.  Too many good players in those rounds.   I generally don’t care what they do after the top 3 rounds. 

Even Lawrence is a maybe. There is no way of telling until they play and that goes for Sam as well despite having NFL experience. 

I hope they don't take a QB in the second or third either, but they could, especially if they have doubts about Sam and draft a CB or whatever in the first.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

That works for my argument too.

Richardson was also reported to have told the team that Randy Moss was off the draft board.

Sorry, but any suggestion that listening to Jerry Richardson would have been a good idea is off the mark.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Even Lawrence is a maybe. There is no way of telling until they play and that goes for Sam as well despite having NFL experience. 

I hope they don't take a QB in the second or third either, but they could, especially if they have doubts about Sam and draft a CB or whatever in the first.

I think Horn is the only pick that would make me mad at 8 that has been kicked around. 

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

As I was told by a supervisor years ago, "Be a duck. Just let it roll off your back."

I agree with that in the real world.  For the things that matter.  

sports is largely fun because you can get totally emotionally invested in something you have no control in and doesn’t actually matter.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

YES

Let's rewind the clocks to the day we traded for Darnold. There was a lot of rumblings from NFL insiders (not the media who keep touting Mac Jones) that the 9ers traded up for Fields/Lance and the Falcons were going to take the other prospect. 

Since then more stuff has leaked that the Falcons might love Pitts, etc. 

If you're in the Panthers you're stuck with either Teddy. Or waiting to trade for Darnold until the Jets can hold you up for a King's Ransom bc they KNOW you have no other options. 

We went ahead and made it a future 2nd to lock him in right when ATL says their pick was for sale (QB needy teams step right up and rivals will pay extra) and it still might be! Honestly Fields probably won’t be there at 8 and then we will be happy we have Darnold.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

As nice as it would be to land Fields I just have a hard time believing he makes it to 8. If we want him we may have to make a move. I guess that's the price you pay for establishing a little culture in a 5 win season.

I don't really see us trading up for anybody.