• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the 49ers okay?

Raleigh PF

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I mean, this could have been the plan all along. Secure a top-3 pick (Pitts/Sewell), send them Jimmy G and some other picks and get a HOF QB that still has some tread on the tires. 

Esp if GB truly believes in Love as the QB of the future.

Fine (and I agree it's poo), but exactly what other picks would the 49ers offer? They traded their next three 1st round picks to get where they are now.

Feels like someone's been watching too much Draft Day.

59 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

If they got Aaron Rodgers they would have a dynasty instantly.

Eh, no. The Bucs are the current champs and should be pretty good. Then there is the Chiefs in the AFC. Plus there are the other contenders.  On top of all that, Rodgers is starting to get up there in age(37 now). How quick will he start breaking down and falling off despite just winning the MVP award. Brady is the exception, not the rule.

12 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I mean, this could have been the plan all along. Secure a top-3 pick (Pitts/Sewell), send them Jimmy G and some other picks and get a HOF QB that still has some tread on the tires. 

Esp if GB truly believes in Love as the QB of the future.

He hasn't played a single snap in the NFL...

10 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Did Brady retire? I'm pretty sure he is still the best pure QB in the league.

Nah, he is in Tampa playing on an absolutely loaded roster. 

Rodgers > Brady.   I mean, if we are just talking about the individual.  Team success is a different story.  Tampa built a better team.  Tampa > Packers.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Nah, he is in Tampa playing on an absolutely loaded roster. 

Rodgers > Brady.   I mean, if we are just talking about the individual.  Team success is a different story.  Tampa built a better team.  Tampa > Packers.  

How many records do each of them own? How many rings? How many years of high level play? Brady > Rodgers.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

How many records do each of them own? How many rings? How many years of high level play? Brady > Rodgers.

What does someone's past, their teams success and history have to do with a present day comparison of individuals? 

in 2015 Cam Newton was a better QB than Peyton Manning.  

Present day Rodgers is a better QB than Tom Brady. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

What does someone's past, their teams success and history have to do with a present day comparison of individuals? 

in 2015 Cam Newton was a better QB than Peyton Manning.  

Present day Rodgers is a better QB than Tom Brady. 

Present day Brady just led his team and won another ring. Present day Rodgers was sitting at home watching the superbowl on TV.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Present day Brady just led his team and won another ring. Present day Rodgers was sitting at home watching the superbowl on TV.

To be fair, that arguably has as much or more to do with the present day Packers as it does present day Rodgers.

Specifically, the present day Packers who used their first round pick on Jordan Love.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1