• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

25 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

Surtain was available... someone please tell me why we didn't pick him? Was he not rated as the best corner in the draft? He is from NFL bloodline too!! And his dad was a corner NOT a WR! WTF Panthers? Someone please tell me that other annalists thought Horn was better than Surtain. I watched Surtain play, the kid can ball... I didn't see Horn play I have to admit, either way, how does this make sense?? 

We picked the best corner in the draft. Horn was the highest rated. Surtain is big but he is a bit slow for his position. He is going to struggle against fast twitch receivers. Horn was the most athletic corner in the draft and one of the best tacklers as well.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Scott12345 said:

Later round CBs have worked out as well since we lost Josh and Bradbury 

We needed this guy

We literally lost Bradbury LAST year.   We shouldn't have.   We had elite CB's we let go.  Since then, we've needed LT..... for like 7 years

Just now, Scott12345 said:

Yes we still have a big need at OL...but our DBs have been bad for a while too

No, not even close to as long as the LT position and it's more important.  Since we've needed LT we have had Norman and Bradbury.   We literally watched a franchise QB that should be our QB still get decimated because ignoring the LT need.

9 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Notable performances by Panthers’ new CB Jaycee Horn

Jaylen Waddle 1/1, 12 yards
Jerry Jeudy 1/1, 7 yards
Justyn Ross 2/4, 14 yards
Kyle Pitts 1/3, 20 yards
Seth Williams 1/9, 44 yards, 2 INTs
Elijah Moore 7/10, 47 yards (2 games)

Lot of that is cherry picked and meaningless.  

For example, Alabama absolutely torched Horn.   

Overall, he really struggled to live with Smith’s release and route running, and Smith got him for a couple of big catches and could have easily had more. In total, Horn allowed five catches for 113 yards and a touchdown into his coverage, good for a passer rating of 145.8. This is as tough as competition gets, but it wasn’t pretty.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

they did exactly what I thought they would do.  

but I honestly answered your question.  Why are some not convinced? Because wasn’t a great college DB.  He is a great athlete that can get physical in man coverage.  That’s Horn.  

and I’ll bitch about them taking him at 8 for the week and then be done with it. 

He’s much more than a great athlete. The jump from 2019 to 2020 was significant. I expect him to keep going with plus nfl coaching. Mentally he is a Ramsey clone. We need someone with his traits and mentality in the NFCS. I’d rather we took fields but I’m not gonna act like this dude sucks. A top ten pick? I think people will look back and say that was a fair place. We’ll see. 

Again the biggest thing for me is what happens with fields. If he becomes a franchise qb then this was the wrong choice, not the wrong choice because Jaycee sucks. He doesn’t.

our staff seems to be high on these RAS scores. Chinn was a 10.00, Jaycee a 9.99. Look what they did with Chinn.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1