• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Look, I had no inkling this was going to be our guy. I didn't think we'd address secondary until much later in the draft. I felt we needed O-line more than anything and I still think we do.

That being said... Horn is our guy now and a Panther. I'm going to cheer for him and I hope he has an outstanding, HoF career here. 

We did have massive problems with the defense last season. We just could not get the opposing team off the field in so many of our games. I think there were four or five games (maybe more) where the other team never had to punt a single time. And we lost a lot of those games by a single score. 

If our offense can continue to improve and this CB can just break up a few passes per game, then we could win some simple as that. If he becomes the guy that other teams just hate to see roll out into coverage against their WR1 then we're golden.

I'm trusting that there's a plan in the works here. It took 2016-2019 to ruin the team, it might take more than a single season to rebuild it.

Congrats Jaycee, do us proud!

• Pie 4
7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Worked for him the last time.

Yea sure because he has a flawless record when it comes to the draft. The last QB he selected was Brady in the 6th I guess. Lets forget all of the draft busts he has selected since. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mac at 15 is incredible value.  He just mindfuged the NFL again.  Who gives a fug about a DUI?

After Aaron Hernandez and Patrick Chung, I don't think Belichick cares what happens off the field with his players. Heck even Mike Vrabel got arrested.

Me, I think character counts, but Bill hoists trophies. 

8 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Not to mention the NFL bloodlines. He’s been groomed for this moment. Now he needs to build on his potential and I don’t think we would’ve taken him that high if we didn’t think he could.

I concur 1000%.  He also has what you can’t coach, that drive/confidence/swagger, wants to compete.

Just now, steveAKAslick said:

He had 2 but this means absolutely nothing 

Two interceptions in one game. I wrote he got an interception in just one game. You misread. 

I wanted Sewel like most of you .  He was off the board so we took some rated the #1 CB. Last year I never heard of Chinn but look how that worked out .  Lets wait and see how this draft works out before calling for their heads .  If Horn turns out like Chinn did you will say they did a great job , if not then call for their heads .

• Pie 1

I was super pissed at Detroit last night.  Ask the wife and dogs.  That being said, if you look at our divisional opponents with offensive weapons we had a big need and it got filled.  Fitts...Sewell...trade/BPA.  I'm surprised we couldn't make a trade with someone to allow them to get their QB (Fields) or some other target.  I just hope that Fitterer wasn't eating or likes pancakes.  

13 minutes ago, Whatev said:

I was super pissed at Detroit last night.  Ask the wife and dogs.  That being said, if you look at our divisional opponents with offensive weapons we had a big need and it got filled.  Fitts...Sewell...trade/BPA.  I'm surprised we couldn't make a trade with someone to allow them to get their QB (Fields) or some other target.  I just hope that Fitterer wasn't eating or likes pancakes.  

they said they fielded plenty of calls, but didn't get an offer that took them away from Horn.