Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Those still worried about our pick at 8


Recommended Posts

Multiple all-pro level guys have said this kid is a star in the making

we play in the toughest division in football as far as WR matchups 

 

 

this seasons schedule we have

Michael Thomas x2

Julio, Calvin Ridley, Pitts x2

Godwin, Evans, Gronk, Ab x2

Stefon Diggs (arguably the best WR in football last year)

Deandre Hopkins

Amari Cooper, Ceedee Lamb

Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen

Kenny Golladay

 

 

That’s 11 of our games we face pro bowl caliber WRs this coming season

 

the you have Curtis Samuel, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle in 3 other matchups

Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is questioning our need for a corner.

CBs don’t win champions though. 

This staff better pray Fields is a bust and Sam makes a historic turn around.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

This draft will be more defined by what the Panthers did not do than what they did do. The Panthers chose not to draft Fields and effectively doubled down on Darnold. For the life of me I simply do not understand the confidence in Darnold. I understand the argument that he was playing on a bad team. However, history is replete with examples of QBs that played on bad teams but still themselves showed improvement and played well. With time Darnold regressed and played even more poorly. 

Do I think Darnold has a higher ceiling than Bridgewater? Yes, absolutely. However, I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that he is a Super Bowl caliber QB. Why not live what you preached? The Panthers said that signing gave the Panthers maximum flexibility come draft day. It appeared to me that was simply not the case. The Panthers passed on Fields in large part because Darnold was signed and when Sewell was drafted they were stuck. They probably tried to trade down to no avail.

I am a fan of Horn. I also know that he is not a QB. Furthermore, this team is just spinning its wheels without a franchise QB.

This just has the feel of the Panthers being stuck in QB purgatory. Good enough to win occasionally but not consistently. Good enough to miss out on a franchise QB in the draft.

Sam (edited) Darnold now has a lot of weight on those shoulders. I hope that he carries it successfully. Fingers crossed but my eyes will be drawn to Fields......

Edited by FakePlasticTrees
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

This draft will be more defined by what the Panthers did not do than what they did do. The Panthers chose not to draft Fields and effectively doubled down on Darnold. For the life of me I simply do not understand the confidence in Darnold. I understand the argument that he was playing on a bad team. However, history is replete with examples of QBs that played on bad teams but still themselves showed improvement and played well. With time Darnold regressed and played even more poorly. 

Do I think Darnold has a higher ceiling than Bridgewater? Yes, absolutely. However, I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that he is a Super Bowl caliber QB. Why not live what you preached? The Panthers said that signing gave the Panthers maximum flexibility come draft day. It appeared to me that was simply not the case. The Panthers passed on Fields in large part because Darnold was signed and when Sewell was drafted they were stuck. They probably tried to trade down to no avail.

I am a fan of Horn. I also know that he is not a QB. Furthermore, this team is just spinning its wheels without a franchise QB.

This just has the feel of the Panthers being stuck in QB purgatory. Good enough to win occasionally but not consistently. Good enough to miss out on a franchise QB in the draft.

Matt Darnold now has a lot of weight on those shoulders. I hope that he carries it successfully. Fingers crossed but my eyes will be drawn to Fields......

His brother Sam’s got a lot as well. I’m less worried about Matt. He can handle anything. 

Edited by stbugs
  • The D 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

This draft will be more defined by what the Panthers did not do than what they did do. The Panthers chose not to draft Fields and effectively doubled down on Darnold. For the life of me I simply do not understand the confidence in Darnold. I understand the argument that he was playing on a bad team. However, history is replete with examples of QBs that played on bad teams but still themselves showed improvement and played well. With time Darnold regressed and played even more poorly. 

Do I think Darnold has a higher ceiling than Bridgewater? Yes, absolutely. However, I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that he is a Super Bowl caliber QB. Why not live what you preached? The Panthers said that signing gave the Panthers maximum flexibility come draft day. It appeared to me that was simply not the case. The Panthers passed on Fields in large part because Darnold was signed and when Sewell was drafted they were stuck. They probably tried to trade down to no avail.

I am a fan of Horn. I also know that he is not a QB. Furthermore, this team is just spinning its wheels without a franchise QB.

This just has the feel of the Panthers being stuck in QB purgatory. Good enough to win occasionally but not consistently. Good enough to miss out on a franchise QB in the draft.

Sam (edited) Darnold now has a lot of weight on those shoulders. I hope that he carries it successfully. Fingers crossed but my eyes will be drawn to Fields......

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NAS said:

That’s the company line and makes sense as long as Darnold pans out and Fields doesn’t become the next Mahomes.

This. We took a huge gamble passing on QB to take a CB. Even if Horn is great, if Darnold doesn't resurrect his career and Fields and/or Jones becomes a legit franchise QB then we made a colossal mistake.

  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Do I think Darnold has a higher ceiling than Bridgewater? Yes, absolutely. However, I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that he is a Super Bowl caliber QB.

And what have you seen to lead you to believe Fields is. The majority of all 1st rd QBs fail to become that SB caliber player so the odds of Fields becoming one are against you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NAS said:

That’s the company line and makes sense as long as Darnold pans out and Fields doesn’t become the next Mahomes.

Horn could be an all pro but if Fields tryna out to be a top 10 QB its all moot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, classics said:

And what have you seen to lead you to believe Fields is. The majority of all 1st rd QBs fail to become that SB caliber player so the odds of Fields becoming one are against you.

Fields is a winner and he won without a loaded team. Wilson and Lance are way more unknown than Fields. I'm guessing his medical history is what spooked teams.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Gonna be real interesting this season when Teddy Icewater and Fields put up big numbers and Sam does more of what he did with the Jets.

I expect it to be a train wreck that you just can’t take your eyes off of. Not sure Rhule will make it through the season.

Michael Jackson Reaction GIFT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...