• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yall ain't gonna wanna hear this but

RumHam

We must protect the QB .  There are several OL players available in the 2nd round and the #1 center (Humphrey ) still left on the board . Relax , Rhule has got it .  Eichenberg , Cosmi , Radunz or Humphrey will give us a good draft in the 2nd round .

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

We actually did a poo ton of stuff in the off season to address IOL. Miller, Erving, and Elfein are all starting guards (if healthy) on most lines, even if they're not stars. I'd love a young C/G like Humphrey, Meinerz or Dickerson, but we still NEED a LT that can eventually take the reigns. every round, that chance gets slimmer.

Off season moves: (I wanted to track it all myself, even if it has nothing to do with the post)

1. Keep our (good) linemen; Scott & Miller re-signed, Moton tagged.

2. Pass rush; Reddick, Fox, Perryman.

3. Oline flexibility; Elfein & Erving can play anywhere on the line.

4. Red Zone targets; Moore and Arnold.

5. Grab a vet CB and DT; Jones & Bouye

6. Do EVERTHING humanly possible to upgrade QB. How much of an upgrade remains to be seen.

I thought we addressed a bunch of our needs just as you laid out.  But you simply cannot sign a top tier LT which is why its depressing, sad, head scratching (whatever you want to say) that we let Slater pass by.  The gap between Horn and the next tier of corners is vastly closer than the top tier of tackles in this draft. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

BPA is almost always going to be defense because other franchises appropriately weight offense over defense. That is how the rules are set up now. The reason we can’t find any consistency as a franchise is because we have been heavily weighted toward defense from the coaching staff down since our inception, outside of a small period with Seifert (not saying I like Seifert). Look at the consistent teams across the league, it is about the QB and offense. Great defenses get you a year or 2 of competitiveness. You see a SF, a Denver, etc. in the super bowl here and there, but are they ever back the next year?

I’m not going to poo on this because you have a point to some extent. But if you take the Patriots dynasty (recent winners of the lowest scoring super bowl in history), it was largely defense, the Seahawks success was largely defense and the Bucs defense shut down KC and the most dynamic offense in the league in the super bowl last season. 

Strong defense has never lost relevance in this league. Offense has its place but suggesting elite defenses have been replaced by elite offense is absolutely not true.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan

1 hour ago, catnip said:

We must protect the QB .  There are several OL players available in the 2nd round and the #1 center (Humphrey ) still left on the board . Relax , Rhule has got it .  Eichenberg , Cosmi , Radunz or Humphrey will give us a good draft in the 2nd round .

Yep. At this point someone young and coachable,  no injury history is a helluva lot better than what we have now