• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3(b) - Carolina Panthers Select Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble

Zod

2 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Someone compared him to George Kittle during the pick. He’s exactly that. Go look at Kittle’s stats in college. 

yeah, because Kittle was a raw talent...and he rapidly developed when he went into the NFL. 

Notre Dame kid still has to develop in the pass game.   And Kittle was a rocket ship in terms of his growth. 

• Poo 1

So we heard that the new in thing is positional flexibility. He will get RB, TE, H-back looks. He is a work in progress as a reliable bpass catcher. Really good athlete. Nasty run blocker (got to love that). Now that sounds like a guy I liked I'm Washington a few years ago: Chris Cooley, another 3rd rounder people screamed was a terrible pick. now Cooley had a lot more production but was a small school guy.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, chbright said:

So we heard that the new in thing is positional flexibility. He will get RB, TE, H-back looks. He is a work in progress as a reliable bpass catcher. Really good athlete. Nasty run blocker (got to love that). Now that sounds like a guy I liked I'm Washington a few years ago: Chris Cooley, another 3rd rounder people screamed was a terrible pick. now Cooley had a lot more production but was a small school guy.

When you figure that you want at least 90% of the balls going to CMC and not a TE his hands are not really a concern. He's going to get open simply because the defense won't be giving him much attention.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Yeah just watched that and got excited. Not sure why they are questioning his hands. Still highlights are exactly that.

Oh of course.

I watched the cut-up of him v. Boston College and the dude just wasn't targeted. Blocked a few guys into oblivion though.

Obviously had to go and find out whether he had a highlights tape of him catching the ball and, yep. Shows strong hands - so it must just have been a bad QB / stacked TE room thing 'cos he can play. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Oh of course.

I watched the cut-up of him v. Boston College and the dude just wasn't targeted. Blocked a few guys into oblivion though.

Obviously had to go and find out whether he had a highlights tape of him catching the ball and, yep. Shows strong hands - so it must just have been a bad QB / stacked TE room thing 'cos he can play. 

Also as I said before. Defenses won't really be targeting him with CMC on the field. Could be a match up problem. I really like the picks so far sans Horn. 

27 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

His hands are fine:

He had a 12.5% drop rate.  That’s bad.  And he largely was open....because he was the designated blocking TE. 

I mean he has great upside.  His blocking alone makes him better than Ian Thomas.  But he most definitely was bad route runner with bad hands vs the other two TEs Notre Dame did use as pass catchers 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

He had a 12.5% drop rate.  That’s bad.  And he largely was open....because he was the designated blocking TE. 

I mean he has great upside.  His blocking alone makes him better than Ian Thomas.  But he most definitely was bad route runner with bad hands vs the other two other TEs Notre Dame did use as pass catchers 

Careful, you might get pooed for stating unpleasant facts about one of our draft picks!

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean he has great upside.  His blocking alone makes him better than Ian Thomas.  But he most definitely was bad route runner with bad hands vs the other two TEs Notre Dame did use as pass catchers 

Yeah thats pretty bad but honestly his true role is at fullback. He really doesn't have much tape on him but as you said ND avoided using him as s Receiving target.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah thats pretty bad but honestly his true role is at fullback. He really doesn't have much tape on him but as you said ND avoided using him as s Receiving target.

I like the pick.   Best blocker at TE in the draft.  That ain’t sexy but we could use the help up front in Brady’s scheme. 

We can develop him too.  He is a good athlete.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

After watching film I can’t wait to see him knock someone’s head off.  

I think he is one of my favorite picks so far.  CMC will love him. 

Hopefully he can grow as a pass catching weapon.  He is only 20. 

He is really good in the short pass game too in the middle of the field.  Quick hitter to the WR and he comes in lays defenders out.  

• Pie 1