• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are going to make some noise.... a Viking perspective

6 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, I love the Terrace pick.  My favorite of the draft.  But you are setting the bar a tad high I think  

The best thing about Terrace, is we don't need him to be a starter this year. Don't get me wrong, I believe he'll line up primarily outside. With Moore and Anderson, going to be difficult to defend them all. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The best thing about Terrace, is we don't need him to be a starter this year. Don't get me wrong, I believe he'll line up primarily outside. With Moore and Anderson, going to be difficult to defend them all. 

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

We definitely have the pieces to have a winning season and be in play for a playoff spot, it literally all comes down to darnold and how he performs.

I think it also comes down to all of our offseason moves. Darnold may be the biggest but if our OL is trash, we are in a pickle. If our FA defense signings don't work out, we are in a pickle. 

IMO, if we crush the majority of the offseason moves other than Darnold, we could still potentially be a fringe playoff team or at least be battling for a winning record. 

Darnold remaining Darnold is ultimately still the biggest limiting factor, you are correct in that regard.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

If I’m thinking at all like Brady, the opposing Defense will key on CMC first, then the top 2 receivers.  That leaves Terrace with the matchup.  About the 2nd or 3rd +50yd TD where Marshall blows off the top of the Defense and teams will be forced to account for him, opening up the aforementioned players to be the stars they are.

At least that’s how it goes in my daydreams.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

If I’m thinking at all like Brady, the opposing Defense will key on CMC first, then the top 2 receivers.  That leaves Terrace with the matchup.  About the 2nd or 3rd +50yd TD where Marshall blows off the top of the Defense and teams will be forced to account for him, opening up the aforementioned players to be the stars they are.

I think Terrace will be a TD machine, but most of the yardage will come from Moore and Anderson.  Our Red Zone offense looks to be much improved over last year and with CMC back we should be able to score at will.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Not to be a pill, but how often does anyone daydream about all of their receiving talent going to waste because the team failed yet again to upgrade a mediocre OL? For Marshall to blow the top off of the D, Darnold will have to have plenty of time to throw the ball. The chances that drafting a maybe guard maybe tackle prospect that some scouts had rated lower in the 3rd, and an overweight guard in the 5th were an immediate upgrade are not something I would bet on.

Raise your hand if you think Cam Erving is Carolina's LT of the fut...

pres...

bargain bin.

I think Brady et al have been focusing too much on shiny new toys without focusing enough on what is needed for those toys to shine.

Edited by 1of10Charnatives
  • Beer 1

It all depends on Darnold. If he doesn’t play well then we won’t win. He has to improve a lot, not a little to be our future QB. I doubt our back ups can do any better so if he doesn’t have a good season then we will be getting a top pick. If he does that then I could see us winning the division. Tampa looses Brady then they will suck. Atlanta is rebuilding and the saints will probably suck now that Brees is gone. Brady eventually has to break down, maybe this is that season? Look at how bad Manning was his final season.

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Not to be a pill, but how often does anyone daydream about all of their receiving talent going to waste because the team failed yet again to upgrade a mediocre OL? For Marshall to blow the top off of the D, Darnold will have to have plenty of time to throw the ball. The chances that drafting a maybe guard maybe tackle prospect that some scouts had rated lower in the 3rd, and an overweight guard in the 5th were an immediate upgrade are not something I would bet on.

Raise your hand if you think Cam Erving is Carolina's LT of the fut...

pres...

bargain bin.

I think Brady et al have been focusing too much on shiny new toys without focusing enough on what is needed for those toys to shine.

The neat thing is, right now, both of us are right, and both of us are wrong.

Without the games being played we’re just pecker slapping.  Kinda pointless really.

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think Jefferson stepped into a position where he had the opportunity to start and do the things he did last year.   I am not sure Marshall will get as many opportunities.  While I agree he is going to be a beast.  He'll have to beat out Moore and Anderson to get to the #2 spot where he can show his skills.

I think he can be as good as Jefferson but I don't think he'll have the numbers. 

Good thing with our offense is that we trot out 3WR the vast majority of the time, so he’s going to likely step into a “starting” role sooner than later. Although I think many of us are forgetting David Moore who could rightfully take the slot WR spot from jump. We’re loaded on offense any way you slice it. Defense too for that matter.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

It all depends on Darnold. If he doesn’t play well then we won’t win. He has to improve a lot, not a little to be our future QB. I doubt our back ups can do any better so if he doesn’t have a good season then we will be getting a top pick. If he does that then I could see us winning the division. Tampa looses Brady then they will suck. Atlanta is rebuilding and the saints will probably suck now that Brees is gone. Brady eventually has to break down, maybe this is that season? Look at how bad Manning was his final season.

Maybe not a great comparison considering the Broncos won the Super Bowl and beat us in that game in his final season…

21 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it also comes down to all of our offseason moves. Darnold may be the biggest but if our OL is trash, we are in a pickle. If our FA defense signings don't work out, we are in a pickle. 

IMO, if we crush the majority of the offseason moves other than Darnold, we could still potentially be a fringe playoff team or at least be battling for a winning record. 

Darnold remaining Darnold is ultimately still the biggest limiting factor, you are correct in that regard.

Many signs point to Darnold playing better...the question is, how much.  If his ceiling was accurately projected when he was drafted......we could be a playoff team...otherwise, this is going to be a long season.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:45 PM, L-TownCat said:

I’m gonna try to set aside my homer-ism and look at this roster.

A: youth (youngest in the league)

B: Improved secondary bolsters already stiff D-line.

C)  minus QB, the offense looks poised for success depending on the signal caller.

D) LT will be a question going into camp but past position groups either play well above their projected level or far below it.

E) skill positions top to bottom are better than at anytime in our brief history.

F) Coaching seems modern compared to past staffs.

G) Unknown quantity.  That’s the Panthers.  All the info is speculative.  Nobody knows what to expect from this team

There aren’t many times prior to a season where I could say a lot of this stuff. This team is wholly different than any other previous 53 man roster.  That is… exciting.  I’m not a fan of change for the most part but this change feels right.  It feels good.  

This is our second/third best showing at skill positions IMO.  03 was insane.  

• Pie 1