• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a competition at TE, folks

MechaZain

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure it's really a competition to be honest.  It's Arnold and the new kid.  Thomas is fighting for a roster spot, as usual.  At least we now have options other than hoping Ian finally gets it.

uh Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well.  Rhule's praise is usually a one way ticket out of town.  Paired with Arnold and new TE, I'm guessing Thomas will be a Redskin.

Just now, blackcat said:

uh Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well.  Rhule's praise is usually a one way ticket out of town.  Paired with Arnold and new TE, I'm guessing Thomas will be a Redskin.

Praise coming from Rhule is not to be misconstrued as a guaranteed roster spot going forward.  It may be true but that's all it means.

Ian has been a disappointment for us but just like a used car, when you have to sell it you better SELL it if you want to get something, anything out of it.  In this case it's just practicing his salesman game because we will get nothing out of Ian. Just like we haven't since he's been here.

Rhule uses the media like he's Rick Pitino.

He'll talk about a guy and he's either going to be the greatest sports ball player of all time, or he's going to show up look like Fat Albert when practice starts. Then you see them and they're just normal athlete.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a pretty good history of Rhule making comments along these lines and then shortly after we part ways with said player.

Thomas has talent. I hope it's true. I just never know what to make of Rhule's comments. Too often in the past his comments have said one thing and actions have said the opposite.

the godfather GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

Rhule brags on you, that's the kiss of death.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I was thinking just softening his landing so other coaches know he's put in the work.  I would be surprised if we got anything for him.

Don't worry.  If we get a ham sammich for him ole Fitts will turn that sammich into a 4th round pick where we'll draft our next all-pro starting middle linebacker.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

I'm shocked that we as Panthers fans haven't yet realized that our head coach is NOT an open book any longer.  Rhule is far, far better at coach speak than any of our prior HC's.  He will absolutely tell you with a straight face how excited he is about _______________ only to cut / trade him two days later.  He'll reveal literally nothing of consequence.

Thank goodness.  We've need a guy who can actually play the coach game for a long time.  We simply need to learn that he's doing it, so we can believe only what we see.

Yeah the most negative thing he has ever said was we will have to wait and see about Teddys situation.

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't think Rhule has ever volunteered  such praise about a player that wasn't genuine.  He gives praise for guys like Chinn and CMC too and that's obviously not the kiss of death.

He generally optimistic. Still doesn't mean anything. It's a 180 from Rivera who consistently blamed players.

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

He generally optimistic. Still doesn't mean anything. It's a 180 from Rivera who consistently blamed players.

I think maybe the situations people are referring to come up because the media is typically going to ask questions about the players that are on the bubble. Rhule isn't going to trash them.  Then there are situations like this  where he brings it up in response to a general question. 

45 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think maybe the situations people are referring to come up because the media is typically going to ask questions about the players that are on the bubble. Rhule isn't going to trash them.  Then there are situations like this  where he brings it up in response to a general question. 

You can't tell either way.

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

At least we now have options other than hoping Ian finally gets it.

I’d love that to happen, he seems like a nice dude and has talent.  I’ve wanted him to succeed very badly.  But I’m hard pressed to find another big guy who runs so soft.  A gust of wind knocks him down with the ball in his hands.  That’s something you either have or you don’t in most cases.  Greg didn’t break many tackles but his hands were soft, velvety paws of magic.  

Thomas will probably be TE3 on the roster but I don’t think he’ll play much. Having depth feels good

• Beer 1