• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen update

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If you have never been in the hospital thinking your child may not survive, trust me, it is the worst and most terrifying fear their is.  It paralyzes you in a cloud of surreal vulnerability and helplessness.  It can only made worse by the heartbreak and devastation that coincides with losing a child, and I hear that rips your heart out of your body forever. 

To any of you who have experienced either, I know a bit about that pain and it returns whenever you share the experience with someone else.  Man I hope this is a happy ending.  When he writes "Day 8,"  trust me, he means much longer than a bit over a week. 

Man I thought I was tough, walking though the Duke Kids care center....broke my cold heart....Im getting teary now thinking about it.

• Pie 5

20 hours ago, MHS831 said:

When I had cancer and went to Duke for treatments, the first time I felt a bit sorry for myself.  Walking in, you see the cars in the parking lot with pink overlapped ribbon magnets on the back--not one of them--all of them.  Inside, the first kid you see is bald, smiling, holding a balloon, and acting happy to be alive.  Then there is another one, and another.  You leave feeling lucky, although your heart is heavy, not for yourself--never again did I feel any self-pity.

You hit on two things that stuck with me. The volume of children, I seen 50+ and it 100% wrecked me. You like I never felt sorry for myself, plus I prided myself on not complaining at all. Anyone that sees all those brave strong kids and remains constantly woe is me about some 1st world problems, just are not humans. Do me a favor and keep staying cancer free.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 6/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, Basbear said:

You hit on two things that stuck with me. The volume of children, I seen 50+ and it 100% wrecked me. You like I never felt sorry for myself, plus I prided myself on not complaining at all. Anyone that sees all those brave strong kids and remains constantly woe is me about some 1st world problems, just are not humans. Do me a favor and keep staying cancer free.

You too bro, but it may be back.  I am getting checked next week.