• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB coach Sean Ryan presser: Sam Darnold has the arm, now they're working on feet

4 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

*We're doing that with all three guys*

Cool

*When the draft comes, you put in your input but the higher ups make the decision*

So he had little to do with any selection in the draft, nice way to say I didn't make a mistake if any...

Now when asked, hehe, disclaimer I did not suggest her to asked this even though my mother knows her first cousin...

* How do you view PJ n Will, is it a competition between the two of them???

Sean Ryan response " yeah, I view them like the rest of these 90 guys, it's all a competition, it's competition for all of us.*

Competition??? Really for all the guys, you don't say...well some may think that's just stupid but hey what do I know.

Why should the OC have a say in who is drafted? Like he said he can tell them who he likes, but when its time to pick that is on Fitt and Rhule. 

I would rather have a competition for all 90 guys than just to hand guys starting positions because of their names. That is how you build a football team. MoRon never had competition, vets started until they got injured. Thats how Amini was starting over Norwell. 

• Pie 1
9 hours ago, Ace420 said:

The media seems to be sheltering Darnold by not asking questions about his performance, and the coaches dont seem to be providing anything either. I know they ate protecting him, but I still wonder how he is doing on the field. I know there isnt pads yet, but i still want to know if he has been accurate and if he has been throwing interceptions or not. 

I feel like if he was playing well, they would tell us... i hope he is going to work out.

Igo made very favorable noises about Sam’s early OTA performance but thank  you for your expression of concern.  Duly noted.

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

How do you view PJ n Will, is it a competition between the two of them???

Sean Ryan response " yeah, I view them like the rest of these 90 guys, it's all a competition, it's competition for all of us.*

Competition??? Really for all the guys, you don't say...well some may think that's just stupid but hey what do I know.

There is competition between Grier and PJ, but there is "competition" between all 3 QBs.

The reality is, Sam is the starter. He's the guy. It's not really a question and its not up for debate. The other two QBs are in a race for 2nd place.  

14 hours ago, rayzor said:

Just in case someone is too lazy and jumps to conclusions, Sean Ryan says with every QB he coaches he always starts with the feet and works his way up. It's not specific for Darnold. 

Sounds like he would have been a good fit for the Panthers 10 years ago...

Edited by SizzleBuzz
1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

How do you deem broccoli fart noises as favorable?

If you have ever felt bloated and gassy, letting it out is favorable compared to holding it in... or, so I’ve been told.  And broccoli is good for you.  Eat your broccoli.