Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Top Offensive Play Callers


 Share

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Brady schemes up a great overall offense. 

I wouldn’t put him top 5 yet though.  Red zone and crucial short yardage was too suspect at times in year 1 to be top 5.   
 

Yeah maybe they will actually practice those situations this year. Lol 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Verge said:

This list is sily. 

1. Andy Reid/Eric Bieniemy
2. Kyle Shannahan 
3. Sean McVay 
4. Sean Payton
5. Brian Daboll 
6. Greg Roman 
7. Bruce Arians/Byron Leftwich 
8. Matt Lafleur 
9. Josh McDaniels
10. Frank Reich 
11. Arthur Smith
12. Kellen Moore

Our boy is good and young, but he is not a top 10 guy right now. He will probably get there, but you can't put him above guys like Shannahan, Payton, Roman, etc etc 

Your rankings seems pretty darn good to me; infinitely better than PFF's. Andy Reid is a no-brainer as #1. Joe Brady being in the top 5 over Sean Payton is so incredibly laughable. The list goes on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Not at all lol. Odd list. Gruden? No Payton? No McVay?
 

And I love Brady but he did not show he is top 5 last year. He’s very good and can be elite, but not yet. 

I only disagree because film showed someone wide freaking open every single play.  We just had a QB who couldn’t get the ball there

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I only disagree because film showed someone wide freaking open every single play.  We just had a QB who couldn’t get the ball there

They didn't practice throwing to open receivers.

  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I think Brady schemes up a great overall offense. 

I wouldn’t put him top 5 yet though.  Red zone and crucial short yardage was too suspect at times in year 1 to be top 5.   
 

For me you have to separate scheme from playcalling. His scheme was top 5 but his playcalling was meh.  The scheme did allow the offense to attack the defense. Bridgewater was just too timid to maximize it. I cam imagine Brady watching film with Teddy pointing out all of the downfield options he routinely ignored. But actually calling the right play for the situation  or coaching up the qb to do what he needs to do was lacking at times and didn't improve as the season went along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I only disagree because film showed someone wide freaking open every single play.  We just had a QB who couldn’t get the ball there

I don’t disagree with you. I think he’s an excellent play caller and will continue to get better. But that said, he’s only been at it for one year and our offense wasn’t exactly prolific. Sure, losing our best offensive weapon along quest being led by a bad QB was part of the problem, but he also had some questionable play calls in big moments. Lots of head scratching 4th short/4th and goal calls. He’ll improve there this season though. But it’s too early to rank him that high right now imo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t disagree with you. I think he’s an excellent play caller and will continue to get better. But that said, he’s only been at it for one year and our offense wasn’t exactly prolific. Sure, losing our best offensive weapon along quest being led by a bad QB was part of the problem, but he also had some questionable play calls in big moments. Lots of head scratching 4th short/4th and goal calls. He’ll improve there this season though. But it’s too early to rank him that high right now imo 

Who knows if those 4th down calls were his original calls or was Teddy calling an audible? Teddy thinks he is Peyton Manning at the LoS.

Edited by PootieNunu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Who knows if those 4th down calls were his original calls or was Teddy calling an audible? Teddy thinks he is Peyton Manning at the LoS.

I don’t know but the results are what they are. I expect a big improvement with Darnold under center and CMC healthy this year but I can’t give him top 5 after where season where his offense was honestly just average. 
 

He’s better than how we performed last season. But I need to see a leap in performance this year to put him in the top 5. I could probably come up with 8-9 ahead of him right now. But that won’t last long.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Brady schemes up a great overall offense. 

I wouldn’t put him top 5 yet though.  Red zone and crucial short yardage was too suspect at times in year 1 to be top 5.   
 

I'd be curious for a play how you divide credit between playcaller and execution.  An important part of the scheme is reading the D and adjusting.     This is an odd bird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t disagree with you. I think he’s an excellent play caller and will continue to get better. But that said, he’s only been at it for one year and our offense wasn’t exactly prolific. Sure, losing our best offensive weapon along quest being led by a bad QB was part of the problem, but he also had some questionable play calls in big moments. Lots of head scratching 4th short/4th and goal calls. He’ll improve there this season though. But it’s too early to rank him that high right now imo 

Fair enough.  There were some head scratching play calls for sure.  He will no doubt improve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Verge said:

This list is sily. 

1. Andy Reid/Eric Bieniemy
2. Kyle Shannahan 
3. Sean McVay 
4. Sean Payton
5. Brian Daboll 
6. Greg Roman 
7. Bruce Arians/Byron Leftwich 
8. Matt Lafleur 
9. Josh McDaniels
10. Frank Reich 
11. Arthur Smith
12. Kellen Moore

Our boy is good and young, but he is not a top 10 guy right now. He will probably get there, but you can't put him above guys like Shannahan, Payton, Roman, etc etc 

Your list is on point.

Their list is poo and can't help but feel like it's got some kind of bias or agenda trying to prop up the Packers org.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • sam.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I came hear talking football and the BS came to me.  So I tossed it back to those weaklings that started it with me.  Take a look at my first posts.  All football, then look at the losers who started talking trash to me and insulting me.  I've had some good conversations with other knowledgeable fans on this board and it was great takes exchanged.  So why don't you address those one or two losers on this board.  If not that means you are just like them.  Thank God for the educated posters on this board. 
    • He spent 8 full days MIA during training camp, to the point where Urdoofus had to vist him at his home and beg him to report. Had other injuries and rehab form last season. The big reason is did not want to play jax ball, so that may mean he did not workout like he needed too. I know the staff for some odd reason put a bike near the goal post, all by its lonesome....and made him ride it there in front of the whole team. I dont have all the facts, but willing to bet he missing/didnt care about lifting or cardio. Injuries, rehab, and missing lifts/cardio(my guess) adds up to not NFL week 4 shape.  But if injuries hit again, it may force them to active him. Which bring me to the next quote Panthers did not have a choice. This year they do; 6 CBs currently on the roster, most game days only 4 are active. CJ is brand new and may not be in game shape. They do not have to play him, given the other 5 CBs. Zero reason is completely wrong, you or I have no idea his level of cardio or his current mental lay-out form learning a whole new D/language. moving/family/injury/kids etc. Plenty suggest hes going to miss this game, maybe more. But you people can go ahead and pencil(for sure use this) him in the line-up, I know better. Irsamrt 
    • Interestingly enough, my wife's family is always hitting her up for money, and they live half a world away.  If that is the issue, I am not sure moving will really fix it.  Still got to learn to say no.
×
×
  • Create New...