Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Celtics Trading Kemba Walker to OKC


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Did a single person predict us getting the better end of the whole Kemba situation?

I always thought we made the best move, was shocked to see the amount of hate given when the sign and trade for Terry happened.  I guess the hate was more towards the amount we gave Terry rather than Kemba leaving.  But there were very few people here who did think we came out on the best side of the situation, including myself.  Outside of this, basically everyone in the national media was trashing us. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okc wants to move him as well, they just wanted the pick. Maybe they'll buy out his contract. I'd take him back to back up ball. I wanted no part of a max deal with kemba but I was pissed we spent all that money on Terry when we should have been clearing up cap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terry is on a steal of a deal at $18m right now.. he has overplayed his contract IMO.. I broke down his numbers compared to other star SGs around the league and his numbers held up well..

P.George = $35.5m
Thompson = $35.4m
Booker = $29m
McCollum = $29m
Beal = $29m
J.Brown = $24m
Lavine = $19.5m

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First off, he is set for life financially…good for him

and rozier has been more than we could ever hoped he would be

Kemba needs to be some where that he is the main cog

but as somebody else said. I think his knees are gone…he’s not a 40 min a game guy anymore 

Edited by Scott12345
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Did a single person predict us getting the better end of the whole Kemba situation?

 Bump some of the old threads, I believe I did, but can not recall my wording. I dont follow as much as past yesrs, just never was a big Kemba supporter. Petty sure i said rozier would be the better player and hated giving up picks too. So glad no max for Kemba and glad kemba got got paid as well, hes one of the good guys. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Mike, remember all those people saying you couldn't run a team or pick players?!

Where they at???Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Still the worst owner in sports, Mitch has done a GREAT great great job and Mike gets credit for hiring him. 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Still the worst owner in sports, Mitch has done a GREAT great great job and Mike gets credit for hiring him. 

That's huge and comes from learning. He signed off on letting Kemba walk. I was mad about that. It ended up being the best move. Gotta give credit where credit is due. The team image, uniforms, atmosphere at the arena, all better because of MJ.

I've been to many old Hornets games and Bob Johnson Bobcats games, when MJ took over the arena became more of a party atmosphere every game win or lose.

I'm giving MJ credit for what the Hornets are now, much more flashy, court and all, now more firepower than ever with a real GM and a good up and coming coach who is getting better. Miles Bridges, LaMelo, good decisions.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's huge and comes from learning. He signed off on letting Kemba walk. I was mad about that. It ended up being the best move. Gotta give credit where credit is due. The team image, uniforms, atmosphere at the arena, all better because of MJ.

I've been to many old Hornets games and Bob Johnson Bobcats games, when MJ took over the arena became more of a party atmosphere every game win or lose.

I'm giving MJ credit for what the Hornets are now, much more flashy, court and all, now more firepower than ever with a real GM and a good up and coming coach who is getting better. Miles Bridges, LaMelo, good decisions.

His biggest problems have been 1) Rich Cho 2) hanging on to Rich Cho for way too long.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...