• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen reveals ‘mixed feelings’ over Terrace Marshall Jr. wearing 88

SBBlue

12 hours ago, trueblue said:

There are too many retired numbers in sports.. retired numbers should be for absolute luminaries. Honor numbers, honor greats.. celebrate those guys, but  the number should live on. 

Fully agree. Numbers should have legacies that continue on after great players leave. 

3 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

What's crazy is how underrated of a passer he was. Should've been wearing a # 1-19 jersey considering how he was basically our 3rd string QB.

spacer.png

That's peak quarterback form. Note how he puts backspin on the throw and, as all coaches will instruct their QBs, begins the windup with both hands on the ball.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

So you are saying you had mixed feelings as well??!! 

It isn't like Olsen called anyone out he was just open about the situation rather than giving a company line. Guys play for other teams it happens. It bothered me as much as seeing Thomas Davis in a Chargers jersey ie very little. Both players were clearly done anyway. Seeing Newton in a Patriots jersey doesn't bother me either. Plenty of well known Panthers who were involved in success with this franchise have worn other jerseys. Life goes on.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

It isn't like Olsen called anyone out he was just open about the situation rather than giving a company line. Guys play for other teams it happens. It bothered me as much as seeing Thomas Davis in a Chargers jersey ie very little. Both players were clearly done anyway. Seeing Newton in a Patriots jersey doesn't bother me either. Plenty of well known Panthers who were involved in success with this franchise have worn other jerseys. Life goes on.

He appears to have been honest when asked, shared a joke with the current coach and wished the new guy well.  Seems like he had a natural and very grounded reaction.  No drama.  

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Peanut Butter said:

Wasn't he #6 in college?

Highschool 

16 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

It is weird to have a WR wear 88 though. Not just because it was Olsen’s. Something about it isn’t aesthetic. 87 and 89 work, 88 feels like a chode 

Always looks dope on Dallas wr's