• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential HOF on the roster?

ISEEYOU

General Observation: 

Looking at the roster last night and realized we don't have that special player on our roster that I think will end up in the HOF. 

1. Julius Peppers

2. Steve Smith

3. Cam Newton

4. Luke Kuechly

I hope one of these three becomes that dog we need:

1. CMC

2. Spider-Man Burns 

3. Chinn

CMC is a long shot just because of the general longevity or individual/team success requirements at RB. That is a really competitive group to get into the HOF through. Not to mention, the shift in overall offensive philosophy for this NFL era may lead to a lot less RB's getting in as a whole(TBD).

He is the only player we have tracking towards being in the discussion, however. All the rest of these guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to young to even speculate on that sort of thing.

Gives a real appreciation for how young the roster is when you look at it from that perspective. 

• Pie 4

I think Burns will be an absolute awesome player for us, still the competition at pass rusher right now will keep him out. He'll be hurt by the "Yes, lots of sacks but a one trick pony" argument. Voter loves those blow up the tackle highlight guys, not the use technic to accomplish the same guys.

CMC can get in if his body hold up and he can put together a long second carrier as at slot receiver.

Chinn is too early to tell, but he certainly has the wow factor.

3 hours ago, Thorrez said:

I think Burns will be an absolute awesome player for us, still the competition at pass rusher right now will keep him out. He'll be hurt by the "Yes, lots of sacks but a one trick pony" argument. Voter loves those blow up the tackle highlight guys, not the use technic to accomplish the same guys.

Simeon Rice averaged 11+ sacks a year for 11 years and isn't in the HOF.  CMC is the only person "currently" that is putting up potential HOF numbers.   Burns needs to start hitting 12+ sacks/year and quickly.

The Panthers currently have three people enshrined in the Hall of Fame. The most recent was linebacker Kevin Greene, who played for the Panthers in 1996 and then again in 1998-1999. He was inducted into the Hall in 2016.

The year prior, the Panthers had executive Bill Polian inducted into the Hall of Fame. He was the franchise’s first general manager and helped build a team that reached the NFC Championship Game in the franchise’s second year in the NFL.

Prior to Polian, the Panthers only had one player in the Hall of Fame and that was defensive end Reggie White, who played one season with the Panthers and was inducted with the 2006 class.

Former Panthers wide receiver and legend, Steve Smith Sr., will likely be the first to be in the Hall of Famer under the Carolina panner. He becomes eligible in 2022 and it’s only a matter of time before he’s inducted.

My list of potential,long shot Panthers Hall Of Famers in order : RB Christian McCaffery DE Brian Burn CB Jaycee Horn WR DJ Moore

• Pie 2

Honestly, I don't look at the Panthers as currently having anyone in the HoF.  I know, Green, White and Polian spent time with the Panthers, but they aren't really "our" HoFers.  We just had short term rentals.

I think Smith and Peppers will be the first HoFers we can really claim as "ours".

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Former Panthers wide receiver and legend, Steve Smith Sr., will likely be the first to be in the Hall of Famer under the Carolina panner. He becomes eligible in 2022 and it’s only a matter of time before he’s inducted.

My list of potential,long shot Panthers Hall Of Famers in order : RB Christian McCaffery DE Brian Burn CB Jaycee Horn WR DJ Moore

Smith may get in eventually, but there's a logjam of great wide receivers ahead of him.

Seriously doubt it's gonna be quick if it happens.

3 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I don't believe there to be any WRs with better #s than Steve Smith has waiting to get in.

You're probably wrong about that, but it doesn't really matter. The Hall of Fame isn't purely stat driven (nor should it be).

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're probably wrong about that, but it doesn't really matter. The Hall of Fame isn't purely stat driven (nor should it be).

I just looked, there is no one with more yards than Smith. Who would you think I'm wrong about? Marvin Harrison? Reggie Wayne? Andre Johnson? Anquan Bolden? Torry Holt? Nope. 2 of them have 1 more TD catch and a few more catches on him but no one has the yards. Just saying. Steve has a pretty great resume outside of a Sb ring and no HOF Qb throwing to him for the majority of his career. If any WR stands a chance at first ballot its definitely Steve

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Beer 2