• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Ticket rumoring continues

PanthersATL

10 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Please expand on your thoughts on trust-busting with regards to Amazon.

Lots of other companies do online commerce/sales. There's nothing stopping people from utilizing Walmart or other organization's online services where you can buy the same items. 

Lots of other companies do backend services. Nothing stopping companies from utilizing Microsoft's Azure or Google Cloud services for their backend. 

Lots of other companies are bidding for the NFL package. Netflix has a larger streaming base than Amazon has. How does Amazon getting this deal lead to trust-busting?

It's not just my opinion. There was a House investigation. They pretty much agreed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/10/06/amazon-apple-facebook-google-congress/

8 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Anyone have some good suggestions for sites to find streams of the game here for week 1?

Can't wait for there to be a standalone option since I've never had DTV, definitely will order it on whichever site has it, but for now still need to find those streams unfortunately.

sportsurge.net has a whole list of (usually great) working streams to choose from for any game. 

3 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Wait...Hulu comes with Verizon now?

It's been avail for at least a year, yup.

https://www.verizon.com/entertainment/

• Disney+
  • Hulu
  • ESPN+
  • Discovery+
  • AMC+
  • Discounted SLING
  • Apple Arcade
  • Google Play Pass
  • Discounted Apple Music

There might be more....     

Keep in mind AT&T and T-Mobile have their own deals.

Tmobile supports free AppleTV+, Paramount+, Netflix

AT&T does free HBOMax

9 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

It's been avail for at least a year, yup.

https://www.verizon.com/entertainment/

• Disney+
  • Hulu
  • ESPN+
  • Discovery+
  • AMC+
  • Discounted SLING
  • Apple Arcade
  • Google Play Pass
  • Discounted Apple Music

There might be more....     

Keep in mind AT&T and T-Mobile have their own deals.

Tmobile supports free AppleTV+, Paramount+, Netflix

AT&T does free HBOMax

T-Mobile also has YouTube TV at a discount.  

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

They may make it free and assume that as long as they cover their cost with ad revenue, it’s free and the extra spending and memberships is gravy.

I think they'll do both -- make it an add-on, available only to Prime members, but at a cost point that really makes it a no-brainer to tack it on (and cheaper than what DirecTV was charging.   Especially if they make it available as team-specific games for an additional $50 vs Get All The Games for $100, folks will pony up. Add on whatever advertising they can muster along the way... and it'll be a cash cow.

Plus, considering the number of people who are already Prime members, I could see the NFL looking at this as a way to practically eliminate* illegal streaming.  Once legit music streaming services came out, that pretty much ended the majority of the illegal music pirating world

I could see the same happening here: the more/easier it is to get what you want legitimately at a reasonable or accessible price, the harder it is to justify using an illegal service.

3 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don't know how you guys stream.

That schit freezes worse than satellite in rain.

3 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Plus why would I want to watch on a computer or laptop?

If you don't live in NC, you've only got 2 options if you don't have DTV..... Stream it at home, or watch it at a bar.

Prior to 2020, I had no issue spending the afternoon at BWW to watch games, but I'm still not ready to sit in a bar for 3+ hours to watch the game, so streaming at home is the only option to watch the game.

Also... I don't watch on my computer, I plug my laptop into my projector and have it projected onto my wall at the equivalent of a 140" screen, not too shabby of a way to watch the game.

• Beer 1