• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Ticket rumoring continues

PanthersATL

Continuing the previous threads about the future of Sunday Ticket -- a new entrant has entered the bidding war.

Apple is putting a proposal together that would bring Sunday Ticket to AppleTV+. (You wouldn't need the actual AppleTV streaming box, but would still need to subscribe to the + service)

Apple isn't the only streaming service or network kicking the tires on Sunday Ticket.  As we've said in those previous threads, the NFL wants their money, but they also want to go with a service that can provide the largest audience as well. 

Is Apple the right choice here? I'd suggest that if you're looking at strictly streaming, go with Amazon and use the success they've had with the Prime games so far. ESPN+ is also viable for a streaming partner since it's a natural tie-in to the Disney+ audience/subscriber base, although ESPN's live coverage can be spotty at times (see the finale of the Hot Dog Eating Contest last week as an oddly timed fail on their broadcast).

There's still time.  But how would you feel if it went to Apple vs a different partner other than DirecTV?

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/07/09/apple-nfl-sunday-ticket-talks/ 

• Pie 3

In the age of 2021 I think it’s absurd a satellite carrier has the rights. Yea uh, we are streaming poo from apps now. Not worrying about being in a ‘service area’ and installing poo on our roofs lol.

Then the shady poo of contracts, good grief. I did the math in the other thread and it would cost near $2,000.00 for Direct ticket for two years ($300 less for one). Sorry that just fuging dumb.

And yet people not in the ‘service area’ can just buy the ticket for $300 a season. Much more reasonable (and modern). Don’t tack it on to some sort of absurd subscription contract and stick a brick on my roof. What a joke.

I honesty don’t care who ends up with it so long as it’s treated as the modern age. Meaning an app, internet…NOT satellite. Don’t fuse it together with the other company make it a stand alone.

Let me buy my NFL for a few hundred bucks each year. If I need to subscribe make it a small fee and NOT a contract.

Just be reasonable and stop being fuging greedy. Stop punishing fans anymore than you are simply because they moved to a different area.

This should’ve been done better 15 years ago, it’s time already.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

The NFL wants to reach a broad audience but outside of Amazon thats just not the world today. Its a buyer market in steaming so they can't really touch people like they did with satellite TV years ago.

They can get pretty much every DTV current Sunday Ticket subscriber plus add more people if they put it on a service that anyone can buy on the internet without the "need" to subscribe to a separate service on top of it.  The problem is the NFL realizes it makes more money by being the wholesaler selling to a middle man who's trying to sell mattresses on top of selling NFL games.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

people that have money to spend on basic things like this and don't want to deal with ads, lag, etc.

It's 2021 - no lag, hardly any ads, and none after you go full screen

And the key to wealth is saving money anywhere you can

Edited by Peanut Butter
  • Beer 3

46 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

It's 2021 - no lag, hardly any ads, and none after you go full screen

And the key to wealth is saving money anywhere you can

It is amazing how miserly rich and wealthy people can be. Especially the ones that built that wealth themselves. 

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It is amazing how miserly rich and wealthy people can be. Especially the ones that built that wealth themselves. 

There’s levels. I always find those comments to be stupid. Like did you post that from your bike you built, in a library parking lot, using their WiFi on a device that was donated to you while eating a perfectly good meal from the trash? If not, you’re not saving money anywhere you can. I mean how far can you go with that?

Everyone spends money on different things. Including kids. Or a spouse. Education.

The key to wealth AND happiness is being smart and plan - know where to make the sacrifices and find the balance so you don’t turn poo miserable person.

And if buying a things like direct tv or even a ticket to a game, destroys your whole possibility of wealth, it wasn’t there to begin with.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1