• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 1 - Thoughts and Observations

Zod

WOW...it's hard to believe there's only 2 1/2 weeks until the 1 st preseason game.  Must be a lot of work ahead to get the team ready.  Maybe that's why the 1st couple game are very vanilla...not enough time to get everything installed. 

Thanks as always zob, sucks about the whole camera/media deal....... I can not believe after all these years panthers.com is the best source for media now. I never visited them before and in the last couple years they are the best source? I hate the 100% fluff part, nothing is real with the reports. I will say at least Darin still has some old Darin in him with his reporting. 

It is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Thanks as always zob, sucks about the whole camera/media deal....... I can not believe after all these years panthers.com is the best source for media now. I never visited them before and in the last couple years they are the best source? I hate the 100% fluff part, nothing is real with the reports. I will say at least Darin still has some old Darin in him with his reporting. 

It is what it is. 

They are the best not from being the best, but by cutting everyone else out. The coverage is sub par. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

They are the best not from being the best, but by cutting everyone else out. The coverage is sub par. 

My guess is that will not change and they will only gain more control in the future?? Honestly this feels like it will hurt/drive fans away form panthers and all other NFL teams if this is the future model. Or do new fans prefer this and who cares what some fossil thinks about media coverage...

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

That ended a couple years ago....

And, even if that was the case as his alma mater, why isn't his name on the football stadium at Wofford instead of the indoor basketball stadium? Because the Gibbs family donated the first $1M to build it, that's why.

Why does it matter so much to you that JR doesn't have a stadium, or Gym named after him? You just needed a reason to bash him I guess.

2 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

we need perryman to step up and be big time...not some back up to a mediocre player

Well, it's started. 1 Training Camp practice, and we are bashing our own players. 

As an aside. Carter was one of our best rated LBs.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

My guess is that will not change and they will only gain more control in the future?? Honestly this feels like it will hurt/drive fans away form panthers and all other NFL teams if this is the future model. Or do new fans prefer this and who cares what some fossil thinks about media coverage...

Nobody really gives a poo about pics in training camp besides diehard fans. You keep fans and grow the fanbase by winning.

when you cut cam and then have the Teddy debacle then sign Darnold who at this point is a bust while having what 4 losing seasons in a row?.. and it’s not a surprise that this was whatever igo said “the lightest and least energetic crowd” he’s ever seen.

when cam was released some posters on here said this would happen until we got another exciting qb and we started winning again. This is not a surprise. Has nothing to do with restricting amateur panthers coverage.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

Wofford is a great facility for camp

and a first rate college as well

im sure your comfort was the Panthers top consideration 

You are right. Richardson helped pay for upgrades to the facilities which benefitted Wofford and also made it acceptable for training camp. So the facilities, location and few distractions made it ideal. Even the heat hardens you for September games which should be hotter on the field now that we replaced the grass with artificial turf.

• Beer 1