• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will winning cure all Panthers ills?

Zod

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

You think they start Wilson week 1?

The Jets will 100% start Wilson week 1. 

This is the Jet's QB depth chart: 

image.png.60ac94abb9c5f7383045658e69549c0f.png

Morgan is a 2020 4th rounder from Florida International. 

White is a free agent signed in 2019. Undrafted in 2018 out of Western Kentucky. On and off of the practice squad for both Dallas and the Jets.

Edited by trueblade
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, trueblade said:

White is a free agent signed in 2019. Undrafted in 2018 out of Western Kentucky. On and off of the practice squad for both Dallas and the Jets.

Holy crap.

I figured at the very least they would have had a vet in there to help the Rook.

Lordy that's an inexperienced group of QB's.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

13 hours ago, KSpan said:

Have to say that your first sentence is very ironic considering that you immediately turn around and patronize me in a similar manner.

A sample size of one is worthless, especially since Tepper's first years were indeed more of the same. Lots of promise, yes, but a few more games prove nothing. 

Oh come on man. That first sentence was obviously meant to be humorous. Don't take everything so seriously. Football is meant to be fun. 

6 hours ago, NAS said:

Why is everyone so jaded? I would definitely be excited and thinking playoffs 

Fear of the past. Which is ironic. Cuz our past is only 1 year old.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yes.  What alternative do they have?  Who even is their QB2?

He hasn't signed his rookie contract yet.  The longer that takes, the tougher it gets for them.

Their backup is mike white who according to espn is "a former practice squad player who has never taken a snap in a nfl game".  That's all I know about him.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Look at the last post I made.

I honestly had no idea their QB room was so bereft of experience.

Yeah, thats a big YIKES.  If Wilson is not ready to play, they have absolutely zero chance of winning a game.  Even then, hes already late to the party and being a rookie in his first ever game, we should beat this piss out of him.  I was never a big fan of his to begin with.  I think hes got bust written all over him. 

Just now, joemac said:

Yeah, thats a big YIKES.  If Wilson is not ready to play, they have absolutely zero chance of winning a game.  Even then, hes already late to the party and being a rookie in his first ever game, we should beat this piss out of him.  I was never a big fan of his to begin with.  I think hes got bust written all over him. 

My God it's bad.

I would have to assume they are on the phone with Bortles' agent now trying to work something out...or at the very least someone that has some real game experience.  Yikes.

I don't love Zach, but loved his arm and his ability to make some wild plays...we will see if that works in the NFL.  

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I don't know if they're going to get him signed. They're playing games with his contract with offset language and bonus payout dates. All the precedents are working against them but they're evidently dug in. Wilson's family isn't exactly hurting for money. If there's someone positioned to give them double middle fingers and just re-enter the draft next year, it's this guy.

Long story short, the names and faces in the organization might change but the Jets are gonna Jet.

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Fear of the past. Which is ironic. Cuz our past is only 1 year old.

I wasn't aware that the Panthers had been replaced with a new franchise or that the team's records had been reset because they hired a new GM. The team's history is over 20 years old at this point, not 1 despite the change in management.

• Beer 2

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know if they're going to get him signed. They're playing games with his contract with offset language and bonus payout dates. All the precedents are working against them but they're evidently dug in. Wilson's family isn't exactly hurting for money. If there's someone positioned to give them double middle fingers and just re-enter the draft next year, it's this guy.

Long story short, the names and faces in the organization might change but the Jets are gonna Jet.

As the fans chant, J-E-S-T  Jest, Jest, Jest.

Or something like that.