• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers are STILL interested in Deshaun Watson

Zod

33 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

The soy boys on this site would have a conniption. They can’t believe these guys would use fame and money to get laid. What a monster. These poor girls thought they were being flown in from halfway across the country for a massage lol

In no way would I condone inappropriate and/or unwanted contact or advances towards any woman. 

But I do agree with this statement. You know why you were requested - usually consistent with how you present yourself on social media outlets. If he forced someone to do something they didn't want to do, then that's a completely different story. If he presented a proposal, then... we're all adults here. And no, I have not been following this story and don't know the details. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eeehhh, sounds like the same old "David Tepper wants him" speculation we've heard a hundred times before. "Committed to finding a quarterback", "could be inclined", maybe this, maybe that, shampoo, rinse, repeat.

I'd add that "League source" is pretty frequently someone's agent, and isn't likely within the Panthers organization or it probably would have said so.

With a situation like this whispers and speculation and league sources are all there is. Has anyone from any team front office given a public indication they are pursuing Watson? The most I've seen recently is Joe Ellis with the Broncos and all he said was that he can't comment on a player under contract from another team. Nobody wants the league on their back over tampering.

11 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

In no way would I condone inappropriate and/or unwanted contact or advances towards any woman. 

But I do agree with this statement. You know why you were requested - usually consistent with how you present yourself on social media outlets. If he forced someone to do something they didn't want to do, then that's a completely different story. If he presented a proposal, then... we're all adults here. And no, I have not been following this story and don't know the details. 

Yeah, it's...not at all like you're imagining it.

The women involved are licensed massage therapists, not Instagram models. To a woman, they tell pretty much the same story of unwanted advances. But two (and I think maybe now three) have accused Watson of forcing oral sex.

If you want to get a genuine understanding of the story, I'd recommend this article from Sports Illustrated. It gives you a pretty good summary of things.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

The women involved are licensed massage therapists, not Instagram models. To a woman, they tell pretty much the same story of unwanted advances. But two (and I think maybe now three) have accused Watson of forcing oral sex.

If you want to get a genuine understanding of the story, I'd recommend this article from Sports Illustrated. It gives you a pretty good summary of things.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eeehhh, sounds like the same old "David Tepper wants him" speculation we've heard a hundred times before. "Committed to finding a quarterback", "could be inclined", maybe this, maybe that, shampoo, rinse, repeat.

I'd add that "League source" is pretty frequently someone's agent, and isn't likely within the Panthers organization or it probably would have said so.

I can go with this.  I'm shaky on him myself.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sometimes that's a cover for illicit activity.

Bob Kraft for example. His massage therapists are probably half way across the globe by now.

Does "massage" always have a "happy ending"?

Well, duh, if you've got enough $.

These girls were rounded up in a class action sort of way kinda like a lawyer would do.

There is slime all over the whole beef and subsequent witch hunt.

Rich guy playing "hardball". Does that change my opinion of Watson or the "massage" industry? No.

Nobody was talking about "happy endings" until Watson refused to return, they all were paid and happy.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Sometimes that's a cover for illicit activity.

Bob Kraft for example. His massage therapists are probably half way across the globe by now.

Does "massage" always have a "happy ending"?

Well, duh, if you've got enough $.

These girls were rounded up in a class action sort of way kinda like a lawyer would do.

There is slime all over the whole beef and subsequent witch hunt.

Rich guy playing "hardball". Does that change my opinion of Watson or the "massage" industry? No.

Nobody was talking about "happy endings" until Watson refused to return, they all were paid and happy.

I'm pretty sure you haven't read a single word of the actual story.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm pretty sure you haven't read a single word of the actual story.

I did. 

I just don't think every NFL player that's got a "massage" should be labeled a criminal. That's a big bag of worms. As far as should he be valued as a person,player? Yes.

These people often seek them out to offer their "services"

Edited by rippadonn

Just now, rippadonn said:

I just don't think every NFL player that's got a "massage" should be labeled a criminal. That's a big bag of worms.

Uh, yeah. Nobody's done anything even remotely like that.

For the record though, most NFL players find a good massage therapist and stick with them. They don't try to find a different one every week.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uh, yeah. Nobody's done anything even remotely like that.

For the record though, most NFL players find a good massage therapist and stick with them. They don't try to find a different one every week.

Why shouldn't a player do it when their bosses(ex.Kraft) are doing it too.

It's hypocritical for anybody in the NFL to take this seriously if Bob and others are involved in the same behavior.

• Pie 2

Just now, rippadonn said:

Why shouldn't a player do it when their bosses(ex.Kraft) are doing it too.

It's hypocritical for anybody in the NFL to take this seriously if Bob and others are involved in the same behavior.

So if Bob Kraft were to hit his wife does that mean domestic violence becomes okay too?

This is an incredibly stupid argument.

• Pie 5