• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Thursday Thread

Zod

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

That line was horrible last year.  They drafted OT Carman in the 2nd and moved him to guard.  He had back surgery in the offseason.  They brought in OT Reiff from the Vikings, a solid tackle.  It should be better this year.   They have invested more than we did on the line in draft capital on paper, and Reiff is better than Erving.  There were just so may holes.  

I just have flashbacks of Carson, everything I heard….don’t wish that for Joe or any other young QB.

Still think they should have drafted Sewell.

1 hour ago, 1usctrojan said:

This is what happens to a good QB without a good oline.

Maybe Bungals should keep Ja'Marr Chase in the backfield as part of their 'max protect' package on obvious passing downs...  /s

Edited by bythenbrs

1 hour ago, 1usctrojan said:

This is what happens to a good QB without a good oline.

I gotta be honest, I never really got the Burrow hype so my expectations for him were much lower than most. 

Still, his career is likely to be derailed by the Bengals doing Bengals things, at this point. They have a pretty solid history of that.

11 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I didn’t know much about the game of football till I got to USC.  Coming from a small Ag town, where everyone went to the games…because they were social events, not for the game itself.  Getting to college, SC made sure you knew all about the football tradition, and you sure as heck learned about the game, and the importance of each position.  I got to see so many great “Big Uglies” play, five of our 13 ProHOFers are offensive linemen, I began to appreciate the position.

The Bengals are who they always are…..hope Joe doesn’t end up like Carson there.

It's not looking too promising. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebiglead.com/posts/joe-burrow-s-training-camp-has-been-ugly-but-it-s-too-early-to-hit-the-panic-button-right-01fc8w6br9eg/amp

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

I had noticed that Sam is spreading the ball around nicely, and I have only heard of very few interceptions. I wonder if he is naturally spreading the ball around or if he is being told to. Either way, it looks like the Sam Darnold experiment is showing promise. 

You must be mistaken.  I have been assured by highly reliable and knowledgeable Huddle sources that 'the sky is falling'.  Recant and seek absolution for your sins.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

That line was horrible last year.  They drafted OT Carman in the 2nd and moved him to guard.  He had back surgery in the offseason.  They brought in OT Reiff from the Vikings, a solid tackle.  It should be better this year.   They have invested more than we did on the line in draft capital on paper, and Reiff is better than Erving.  There were just so may holes.  

There aren't going to be many OL's in the NFL that look worse on paper than the Panthers. We just have to hope that Darnold can channel his inner Teddy and get rid of the ball quickly. If not.....it's gonna be a looooooooooong season for him and us.

Luckily this Brady offense is well suited to somewhat alleviating pass rush pressure. 

1 minute ago, 1usctrojan said:

I just have flashbacks of Carson, everything I heard….don’t wish that for Joe or any other young QB.

Still think they should have drafted Sewell.

They took Chase in the first and Carman in the second.  They could have gone Sewell in the first and Marshall in the second.  Mike Brown, is the owner, and the GM, so his job is safe.

Now Sewell is switching sides to RT for the Lions.

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

They took Chase in the first and Carman in the second.  They could have gone Sewell in the first and Marshall in the second.  Mike Brown, is the owner, and the GM, so his job is safe.

Now Sewell is switching sides to RT for the Lions.

The Lions making our starting LT a fuging RT makes me so fuging upset every time I see it mentioned. It would be so much easier to swallow if they needed a LT but they fuging didn't even need one. fug them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There aren't going to be many OL's in the NFL that look worse on paper than the Panthers. We just have to hope that Darnold can channel his inner Teddy and get rid of the ball quickly. If not.....it's gonna be a looooooooooong season for him and us.

Luckily this Brady offense is well suited to somewhat alleviating pass rush pressure. 

On paper is an indicator, it isn't everything.  WFT was ranked 29th by PFF before 2020 and ended up 6th.

Igo tweeted something like, if you haven't heard a player mentioned, they haven't done anything worth mentioning.   We know Burns has gotten past Erving and Moton.   Its been kinda quiet on the Derrick Brown, Hassan Reddick front.