• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st 5 threads

cookinbrak

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Not many can go to camp to see things firsthand and the team (NFL as a whole, teally) is attempting to be the only real source of TC information. What else should be here?

I think that’s his point.  The appearance being that the interest/excitement in our own team is so low that after a week of TC the hot topics are TB12 and DW?  

It doesn’t bother me, personally.  TC and preseason were always the salad and breadsticks to the regular season main course.  It’ll work to hold you over, but don’t fill up.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

I think that’s his point.  The appearance being that the interest/excitement in our own team is so low that after a week of TC the hot topics are TB12 and DW?  

It doesn’t bother me, personally.  TC and preseason were always the salad and breadsticks to the regular season main course.  It’ll work to hold you over, but don’t fill up.

That's my point though - how many actual hot topics are there that haven't already been beaten to death, particularly with TC content being throttled by the team?

50 minutes ago, t96 said:

TC has started I thought that was when it became Panthers only here.

Borderline. Right now not a whole lot of info coming out so it's stuff to talk about.

We don't have a NFL general discussion forum at the moment so by default it falls in here. 

As the season nears starting and preseason games played, I doubt we'll see it like this much. All depends on where the most interesting discussion stems from. Might not be the Panthers 100% of the time.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, KSpan said:

That's my point though - how many actual hot topics are there that haven't already been beaten to death, particularly with TC content being throttled by the team?

I’m with ya.  Finite topics to discuss, months of dead time.  Not a good recipe for engaging content.  Thus, the folks over on Mint and Moorehead decided to be the gatekeepers of TC content.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Not many can go to camp to see things firsthand and the team (NFL as a whole, teally) is attempting to be the only real source of TC information. What else should be here?

Yea I'm really not sure what the point of being so hush hush about letting fans have more access to training camp this year outside of what the team provides.    It seems especially weird because this regime has in my opinion seemed to provide more access with most things before this.

• Pie 1