• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive David Moore (OL)

Zod

19 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Could be any number of reasons.  Guard was crowded and we have other backups at center.  Someone else must have shown better or we're making room for someone else. 

I have to assume that he was brought in thinking that he could compete for backup center and looked abysmal. Either that or some kind of discipline / intelligence issue that only the coaches know about.

I do think the plan was for Moore to transition to a new position - Center.   Maybe it became quickly clear that wouldn't work.  

Small school guy.  No football last season.  Short & chubby.  Has to learn a new spot on the OL.   So realistically Moore's early exit shouldn't be that much of a surprise.  

I am most disappointed that Moore didn't even stick with the practice squad.   I would have loved to see an underdog player like him succeed.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

This had to have been something other than ability and potential.  I think Rhule was sending a message.  If our media wasn't so passive and trying to glean favor with the organization at every turn, it would've been nice if someone would have asked him about it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Icege said:

Could have also been an early cut to give him an opportunity to land and stick with a team. I recall a player being cut last season surprisingly early for that reason.

Could be.  But that only works if Rhule had concluded that Moore wasn't going to make the team. 

We're missing something here.

Either Moore looked real bad in camp, maybe with the playbook, or losing 1 on 1s, or attitude or something.  So much so that they concluded that Elflein,  Paradis, Miller,  Daley, Tecklenburg and Brown were going to beat him out. Or Moore did something?    

In any event, we clearly had a popular UDFA based on the claims.  Lets see if he's protected or makes a team.

1 hour ago, panfanman said:

The Jets claiming a early cast off from our dismal line either doesn't bode well for the state of their line and/or they claimed him for the purpose of getting the 411 on what we're doing in preparation for game 1.

Their starting Oline is significantly better than ours.

I don't see the problem with them wanting to take a look at a high-priority UDFA.

Clearly a few NFL teams were interested in claiming him off waivers so obviously they think we made a mistake.