• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Monday Thread

Zod

17 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

At least, Ron eventually played them. Rhule just cut them (Moore) or passed on them in the draft. 

if Moore never becomes a regular 53 man player in the NFL.... does this assumption matter?

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Paying attention to the reality of how things work around the league will give you some perspective. 

Opinions vary but the reality is Carolina has to invest a first in this oline like other teams you mentioned have done. Next years draft should feature no less than two early picks on the line. Things may get worse before they get better in the meantime you see the injuries sustained in camp with a 17 game schedule around the corner.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Seems that will Green has pulled ahead of PJ for the number 2 qb spot. Maybe he actually has some talent now that we have real offensive coaches to develop him.

PJ ran a good 2 minute drill to end practice.  He was very sharp on all his passes.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

As good of a one-handed snag that Robby had, the throw was just a impressive.  Voth said 20+ yards, it was actually 30+ from my vantage point. Darnold was rolling right with defense hot on his heels and he threw cross field, across his body to Robby and still nearly overthrew him.

Now the scary part, you all do know the #1 cardinal sin for a QB?  Well, that was it and he threw it anyway.  Maybe he knew it was just practice and wouldn't have done that in a game situation.  It worked out and ended up being a beautiful play, but you still have to question Darnold's thought processes sometimes.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

As good of a one-handed snag that Robby had, the throw was just a impressive.  Voth said 20+ yards, it was actually 30+ from my vantage point. Darnold was rolling right with defense hot on his heels and he threw cross field, across his body to Robby and still nearly overthrew him.

Now the scary part, you all do know the #1 cardinal sin for a QB?  Well, that was it and he threw it anyway.  Maybe he knew it was just practice and wouldn't have done that in a game situation.  It worked out and ended up being a beautiful play, but you still have to question Darnold's thought processes sometimes.

Hey I like taking chances, we never had that in Teddy. He was not going to ever win the game for you, the defense keeps you ahead. He was a game manager, and Darnold won’t never be that. 

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I haven't heard chinn's name mentioned all camp... that is good as it means that he hasn't allowed and touchdowns or big plays, but I wonder if he is a better playmaker strictly as a LB/joker instead of a safety. 

I think we should consider moving him back since our secondary is better than our linebackers. Chinn should be making plays... or maybe Sam is smart enough not to throw anything near him?

Rhule said Chinn would line up more as a safety, but he'll be used much like he was last year. Sometimes he'll be up on the LOS, sometimes he'll be deep, sometimes he'll be one-on-one with someone. In short, they're gonna put him in position to make plays.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Hey I like taking chances, we never had that in Teddy. He was not going to ever win the game for you, the defense keeps you ahead. He was a game manager, and Darnold won’t never be that. 

Yep, but those are very throws that freak people out about Darnold and why he has historically had a high number of picks. I agree, I'd rather have that than a pure game manager, but the picks will happen. Darnold will never be a 10 pick a season or fewer QB with the chances he takes.

5 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Yep, I've seen this footage a ton, but in the video he was rolling left and passed in the same 1/4 of the field.  A totally different scenario rolling to the wide side, throwing a pass that has to cover 2/3 of the field, cross-body and going against your momentum.  Again, QB 101...a huge no-no. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, I've seen this footage a ton, but in the video he was rolling left and passed in the same 1/4 of the field.  A totally different scenario rolling to the wide side, throwing a pass that has to cover 2/3 of the field, cross-body and going against your momentum.  Again, QB 101...a huge no-no. 

Got it.  Only Mahomes can do that.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1