• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grier will likely be cut with the last group

Zod

43 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'm just imagining him versus the ones. I think he's outclassed by any personnel worth a damn. He has happy feet, seems a little frenetic in the pocket at the slightest bit of pressure and is unable to calm down enough in order to throw accurate passes on any consistent basis. 

I think he does better when there's plenty of room but even there he's not consistent. On the short field though, meh.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I'm just imagining him versus the ones. I think he's outclassed by any personnel worth a damn. He has happy feet, seems a little frenetic in the pocket at the slightest bit of pressure and is unable to calm down enough in order to throw accurate passes on any consistent basis. 

That 26 yarder to Shi Smith...can't get more textbook then that.

17 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Little is certainly gone too, he was already 3rd at LT behind Erving and Scott, and didn’t really help his case today when it was his turn to play in the 2nd half. 

Scott was a hot mess too. Might be an awkward example of bye bye. 

3 hours ago, SBBlue said:

A couple 3rd and longs were uncatchable.  You have to make those throws.  

Was he throwing from a clean pocket? Do you know? 

Let's face it honestly, most here have hated him since he was a rookie so don't consider that he was playing with 3rd, 4th, 5th stringers today. No Marshall, no Hubbard etc., so comparing the two QB from today's game is classic apples and oranges comparison. People here should seriously start thinking, instead of just reacting from thoughtless emotions. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Zod said:

I can't see how they justify keeping Grier around at this point. They will need him for the third preseason game, and PERHAPS put him on the practice squad to run the scout team. Other than that, I think PJ showed today he is light years ahead of Grier. 

I don’t think so. PJ took his reps with the 2s while Grier had to take his reps with the 3s.

Grier had somebody in his face every play. Ivey was is LT and Monteiro was his RT.

Giovanni Ricci was also his only receiver getting open. PJ had Marshall and Moore.

Brady also ran the ball 7 times and passed it 21 when PJ was in. He only threw the ball 10 times and ran it 12 times with Grier.

Let Grier take his reps with the 2s next week and see if we have the same opinion.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, glitchh8 said:

Let's face it honestly, most here have hated him since he was a rookie so don't consider that he was playing with 3rd, 4th, 5th stringers today. No Marshall, no Hubbard etc., so comparing the two QB from today's game is classic apples and oranges comparison. People here should seriously start thinking, instead of just reacting from thoughtless emotions. 

Exactly. If he gets reps with the same personnel PJ did today next week and sucks I’ll eat my words on here. But if he does well 90% of the folks on here will disappear.

7 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I don’t think so. PJ took his reps with the 2s while Grier had to take his reps with the 3s.

Grier had somebody in his face every play. Ivey was is LT and Monteiro was his RT.

Giovanni Ricci was also his only receiver getting open. PJ had Marshall and Moore.

Brady also ran the ball 7 times and passed it 21 when PJ was in. He only threw the ball 10 times and ran it 12 times with Grier.

Let Grier take his reps with the 2s next week and see if we have the same opinion.

While we at it...let PJ get a crack with the ones, give Sam some more time to.... whatever he needed this week. 

The 3rd preseason game, a whole half of Darnold...

But that line needs to be addressed now, starting 5 should be ready by next week or have a better ideal of who and where

Edited by CPsinceDay1

38 minutes ago, glitchh8 said:

I have to agree with you. No fumbles, no interceptions and his reads seemed to be the correct ones. I would like to see him play next week against a better team and with a better supporting cast before I make any declarations. Passing judgment on him for today is almost the same as passing judgment on the Panthers season after the first preseason game.Give it until after the next game, then if he is still disappointing, unleash all the hell that is available.

Edited by Monrowed

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'm not going to put the last nail in the coffin on Grier until I see him play with the twos. He deserves his day in the sun.

I swear, Grier could've started this game, same stats, same outcome but because PJ would've went up against the 3s it would've been because Grier played the Colts 2nd string defense...smh